Nothing Much to Say!

Now that I've come up to date I have no idea what I'm going to say on here!  If you know me at all you'll know I'm rarely speechless!  I say this yet, I can be quite shy at times.  I find small talk quite difficult particularly if I feel in awe of the person I'm to talk small with.  On the other hand I find if I 'gel' with someone, no matter who, I can talk for Britain, and frequently do!
I'm not struggling with being locked down as I'm quite happy to be a hermit sometimes.  Particularly when the weather is good, as it is at the moment.  I can happily potter in the garden for ages.
I don't do deep digging, or what I consider to be big gardening. I potter and I have our garden set out so that that is enough to keep it going from one year to the next.  My veg is all grown in pots.  Our soil is quite heavy clay and frankly I don't want to dig up my plants to plant veg.  Not to mention they'd be devoured by slugs and snails.  We get millions of both and we get some gigantic slugs.  
Even though they eat my veg I find I cannot kill them.  I tend to throw them into the hedge but I'm pretty sure they all come back again.  My only hope is that the five frogs that live in my little pond might eat them, although I suspect they would struggle to eat the slugs without having somewhere to keep leftovers!  I know it may sound strange but yes, I do have just 5 frogs.  I've no idea why, there is never more and rarely less.  Every spring I get tons of frog spawn, it hatches into tadpoles and they swim around merrily but seldom become froglets.  They seem to stay as tadpoles for an inordinate amount of time then disappear!  I assume they get eaten by something but I've never seen what it is.  The pond is surrounded by a little wooden fence to prevent both our dog and my daughters dog from going into it and drinking the horrible water so its not them!  Last week I came upon one of the frogs in the garden when I was clearing out some dead leaves.  They get around and I worry I'll inadvertantly hurt one however, so far so good!
 I'm pretty sure I have photos of my pond in my computer somewhere however I cannot for the life of me find them at this time so some cartoons will have to do, sorry!
Hopefully I'll find something to talk about by the next time.  Take care, stay home (if you can) and stay safe. xx


Comments

  1. At my old pond the blackbird used to fish for tadpoles. When we first edged our pond with porous stone the poor little blighters would get stuck and die a horrible death on the stone paving slabs. I then got the stones painted with silicone and all was well. I think you could also have a go at feeding them as I think they tend to stay tadpoles if they haven’t enough to eat. MG you could look it up on the internet, try some of your lovely dog’s kibble and see what happens! Good luck.


    Bit avant-garde this.., but take away the fencing. Why worry about the dogs drinking the water, I am sure if fresh water is there they won’t be tempted, added to which when you are out with them off the lead they probably drink from murky looking puddles anyway? Bossy aren’t I?

    LX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest L I really don't want to encourage any of the tadpoles to become frogs! I keep hoping the famous 5 will move out and I can get rid of the blooming pond but I have a responsibility to them now and I can't let them down! The pond is not in the best place for a pond, right underneath a cherry blossom tree (petals in May) and also an apple tree (petals in spring, apples in August) both mess up the pond and I cannot be bothered to net over it. I put the pond in when said trees were very young and I didn't foresee the problems they would create in later years! The fencing is fine, its little short picket type fence and it keeps the daft dogs from running through it too when they are out in the evening chasing monsters. We get a lot of monsters in our garden at night as far as our dog is concerned and he is required to see them off at great speed!! He'd forget about the pond and fall right in! I know he would. Anyway, you can be as bossy as you like I don't mind. I'll still do what I want to do anyway - just ask my hubby!! xx

      Delete
    2. Err... the frogs will hop off and find another home quicksticks, so I shouldn’t worry to much about them! That could be your lock-down project... fill in the pond, that would keep you quiet and the man that has a way with looks could well just look on in amazement.

      LX

      Delete
    3. Our pond's full of tadpoles, not surprising consider the number of frogs who were having a fine old time in their earlier in the year!! So far they're safe from the neighbourhood cats, who usually sit by the pond and have a good go at fishing them out!

      Delete
    4. I never see or hear the shenanigans of our frogs! I go and look one day and there's no frog spawn and I think, great, they've gone then the next day I come out and there it is! I swear they read my mind! We don't get any cats round here, no-one seems to keep cats here, welll except the one across the road, but it's a house cat and never gets out. We do though have a load of foxes so perhaps they are tadpole eating foxes! I think the less I know about what goes on in the garden at night the better!! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to receive your comments, but please keep it clean and polite. Thankyou.

Popular posts from this blog

I Didn't Want to Just Disappear!

LIfe Goes On.

Plastered