Today - Beginning Week 3 of Lockdown
So far this morning I've watched Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat on YouTube courtesy of ALW. I vaguely knew the story but not how the show had been done. I also realised that I only recognised the one main song in it! Where have I been? Clearly under a rock! It's had so many reincarnations and I've missed every one of them! I enjoyed it while eating my cornflakes.
I'm finding my mornings are dead slow and stop at the moment. I'm waking at about 6.30 at the moment but trying to stay in bed till 7 when the heating comes on. I then have a large glass of water with a frozen slice of lemon in it (I became aware I'm not drinking enough lately) and meander round the internet - blogs and email usually with a bit of Pinterest thrown in for good measure. Today it was Joseph instead of Pinterest! I'm now typing this at 10am which could take anything from 10 minutes to an hour and then I'll go and get dressed (probably). After that I'll phone my mum to check on her and she'll tell me all the things she plans to do today at home (she does more than I do!) and by then the sheets I took off the bed to wash the second hubby got out of it, about half an hour ago, will be hung out in the garden to hopefully dry. The reason I'm putting this in here is to look back later and see if this is normal! I told Ali in a comment that this is not what retirement looks like. It's not, is it?? I do wonder though, if the change everyone feels might happen is that we'll slow down so much we won't be able to rev ourselves up again to normal speed. I'm just not sure if I do normal speed at the best of times, perhaps this will remind me!
I've put this vase of daffodils in because I can!
I'll get back to my history soon. xx
I'm finding my mornings are dead slow and stop at the moment. I'm waking at about 6.30 at the moment but trying to stay in bed till 7 when the heating comes on. I then have a large glass of water with a frozen slice of lemon in it (I became aware I'm not drinking enough lately) and meander round the internet - blogs and email usually with a bit of Pinterest thrown in for good measure. Today it was Joseph instead of Pinterest! I'm now typing this at 10am which could take anything from 10 minutes to an hour and then I'll go and get dressed (probably). After that I'll phone my mum to check on her and she'll tell me all the things she plans to do today at home (she does more than I do!) and by then the sheets I took off the bed to wash the second hubby got out of it, about half an hour ago, will be hung out in the garden to hopefully dry. The reason I'm putting this in here is to look back later and see if this is normal! I told Ali in a comment that this is not what retirement looks like. It's not, is it?? I do wonder though, if the change everyone feels might happen is that we'll slow down so much we won't be able to rev ourselves up again to normal speed. I'm just not sure if I do normal speed at the best of times, perhaps this will remind me!
I've put this vase of daffodils in because I can!
I'll get back to my history soon. xx
That’s the beauty of blogging, it is your take on life, what you do day to day. The thoughts and feelings you have about, say ‘The price of cheese in Woolworths!’ before you ask... a favourite expression of mine? The world in general, politicians, in fact any damn thing that takes your fancy. Your space, a good place...
ReplyDeleteLX
It was rereading what I'd written previously that got me thinking to start again. It was nice to go down memory lane. I didn't bother republishing all the posts as they are seriously historic now but for my own purposes it's nice to have. I only hope Blogger doesn't do anything stupid like disappear without telling me in advance! Did you know that Woolworths is a supermarket chain in Australia?! I was very disappointed when I visited one as I think I fully expected it to be exactly like Woolworths here used to be! It's not. I hope you and your man are feeling better today. xx
ReplyDeleteYou can get it all sorted as a kind of personal diary... How? I have no idea, let’s face it MG, my knowledge of all things techie is sketchy to say the blooming least?
DeleteLX
OK, was having problems commenting again but I think I've cracked it. I don't know about the slowing down bit. tend to be pretty hyper but then at the moment there are days when I just don't want to do anything. I'm not sure if that's related to the pandemic or retirement but I guess we'll see with time won't we. I think I have a hard time "doing nothing" but I'm working hard on getting over myself! And regarding blogger, I've taken to making a copy of my blog on an external hard drive every week just in case. Now if I did lose it I'm not sure how the copy works but I feel better knowing that I have it all the same.
ReplyDeleteI hope I've got comments set up properly. I've not really taken much time to investigate it all properly yet. I'm definitely not hyper, never have been but on the whole I keep busy one way and another. I rarely sit down during the day I'm always busy doing something and during the winter I do classes at the university's Learning in Later Life classes. I meet friends, walk to the shops, library etc and two days a week I watch our granddaughter after school and one day a week we put her out to school to let her mum start work earlier. I visit my mum once or twice a week. It's nothing very specific but I enjoy living in the slow lane of life though its not usually quite as slow as now!
DeleteI'm sure I remember Sue over at A Smaller Life saying she took copies of her blog and wished she'd done it sooner. I have no idea how to do that yet, but I will try to find out. Thankyou for popping by. xx