STAY HOME!

Another 3 weeks of lockdown here in Scotland at least.  Bojo hasn't declared it yet but he probably will although I think he's trying to ease the blow by asking us to stay safe instead of just telling it like it is - BLOODY STAY HOME!
It's hard for everyone but you also begin to realise that life is going on regardless.  Its not all about Coronavirus.
One of my neighbours died this week.   It was expected.  He's had cancer and has been ill for a while.  However, having died now means his wife, who is a devout catholic, won't be able to have the big mass for him she had planned or indeed the funeral she planned.  The family haven't been able to come to comfort her as they would normally.  Her friends and neighbours can only wave to her and wish her well from a distance.
Another neighbour has a sister who is severely depressed.  She was attending an NHS psychiatrist until Coronavirus hit.  Now she can only have telephone conversations which is not as helpful.  She was seriously struggling with lockdown and my neighbour had to make the decision last week to bring her to stay with her and her partner for just now.  She's basically on suicide watch and its telling on her too. 'Thank god for gin and tonic' she said to me last night while we were out clapping.
My friend, who was diagnosed with lung cancer last year was told yesterday its now terminal and nothing more can be done medically for her.  She is now on palliative care.  She has a severely disabled brother she looks after.  Thankfully he's in a care environment and well looked after but he relies on her to 'fight his corner'.
It's not all about coronavirus.  Life is marching on, for better and for worse.  If staying at home is the worst thing they ask us to do - its not as bad as some people have it just now.

Comments

  1. You're right, it's not all about coronavirus, but this pandemic is bringing so many other horrible situations into the forefront too isn't it. Like you say, thank god for G & T!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just feel some people are behaving as though they have been asked to do something hard. I know, for sure, for some people being at home will indeed be hard, but I'm feeling there is so much of the me, me, me attitude around. It's very frustrating. x

      Delete
  2. This strange time has thrown up so much sadness and fear. Normal rules and engagement on all fronts seem to be crumbling. Our happy go lucky look on the bright side seems to be wearing thin, never more so with folk in the grips of ill health. How can you provide support, love and care from two metres arms length? My advice is to not let the buggers get you down, worry is insidious..............

    Hugs

    LX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every now and then I just get angry that we have found ourselves in this position. So many people are behaving badly and I wish they would realise its not all about them. Some days its harder than others to be positive and upbeat. I guess this was a bad day! x

      Delete
  3. Living with someone who suffers mental illness is not easy at the best of times, and these are far from the best of times. I know, from personal experience, how tough that is for all concerned, because I'm living it. Some days, 12 months of doing it feels like an absolute eternity, and I forget what life used to be like. Add in being unable to get a referral, either NHS or private, to see someone about a potentially life changing illness and you can see why I'm so bloody angry at the incompetence of this government, and the idiocy of those who won't follow the rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are hard times for lots of people. My mum was due to be tested for heart problems just before this and because she has no diagnosis she is not a 'shielded' person. She was also due to go for a hearing test, which she'd already waited months for and it was cancelled and only now are we realising the extent of her loss of hearing and its making her life much harder now than it needs to be as distance chatting is not an option for her. I hope in the near future they open up all the other departments in the NHS again, they are very busy trying to open up the 'economy' but what's the point of an economy if there is no-one left!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to receive your comments, but please keep it clean and polite. Thankyou.

Popular posts from this blog

I Didn't Want to Just Disappear!

LIfe Goes On.

Plastered