Strange?

It's strange but I feel I'm doing better at the moment than normal!  I'm sleeping better; I'm worrying less about the state of our nation though I'm worrying more about catching bugs; time is whizzing by, I can't believe its almost the end of May already; I feel fairly contented most of the time just now, unless I have to go out or go shopping.
A random photo of our dog and my daughters dog as I have nothing that fits this dialogue!!



Don't get me wrong, there are many things I miss dreadfully.  I miss my granddaughters big hugs, in fact I miss everybodies hugs and I miss feeling safe to stand and chat to friends, neighbours and random strangers.  I would like to stop rushing around with spray bleach every time someone comes into our house or touches the doorbell or the garden gate!  And, frankly, I'd like to stop clapping for the Keyworkers.  They have done/are doing a brilliant and thankless task there is no doubt, but it feels a bit patronising now and I'd like to stop.  Hubby is the most relaxed I've ever seen him.  He loves this lockdown, its taken away any pressure to go and fix things for people who really don't care and its taken the pressure off him having too much work or not enough.  He's kept busy doing all the stuff in our own house that's been neglected while he fixes everyone else's houses.   He's contemplating giving his handyman business up, or at least scaling it right down to just friends and neighbours work.  The problem is he likes and respects the property manager he works for and doesn't want to let her down, she trusts him and his opinion on all things property and he knows enough to realise she's unlikely to get anyone else who has the wealth of knowledge or the common sense to do the stuff he does.  He's an engineer first and foremost so he can fix almost anything with an elastic band and a bit of spit!!  He's actually about to be tested on that big time!  My phone is not connecting to our wifi unless I am within six inches of the hub,  which two years ago wouldn't have bothered me one jot but now - I'm demmented!
Hubby in hazmat gear - not necessarily to fix my phone!

My Whatsapp calls with my son in Australia have to be conducted under the stairs where the hub lives, I can't access the weather app when my mum wants to know the weather for the next 6 weeks, I can't access my emails when I'm at Asda for click and collect for my mum and they say, just click you're here on our App!!  Now I know all you tech savvy people out there will tell me about 3G or 4G or whatever, but hubby switched off my mobile data, roaming, anything to do with downloading data as my phone was going through an inordinate amount of money using all the data in my package while I was in the house - it took me a while to realise I wasn't using wifi!  Anyway, hubby ordered a part from good old ebay and he's going to attempt to fix my phone! Uhoh!  I have great faith in him but is this a step too far I wonder.  Its my birthday next month and the children asked what I'd like them to give me and I've prewarned them they might be asked for contributions towards a new phone!!  Watch this space. xx

Comments

  1. Oh dear I think our bleach thinks it’s in lockdown cos it hasn’t come out of the cupboard for months. Am I a first class slut or just too laidback for my own good I wonder? Like hubby I love lockdown, being a bit of a recluse. He is a one if he doesn’t want to stop work for fear of his ‘boss’ not finding anyone as good or trustworthy as him Too honourable by half says I. Wonder if she would feel the same if the the roles were reversed?

    LX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of using bleach to be honest but at the moment I'm using quite a bit on doorhandles etc. Our eldest son 'pops' in and seems not to understand the isolating rules! We're his mum and dad so we don't count I think is his logic! He's out and about a bit for work etc so although I don't want to tell him not to come in, I watch him like a hawk and wipe everything he's touched once he's gone again! To be fair, hubby's boss has said when he retires she's retiring too and therein lies one of the problems. She's quite a bit younger than us and although she's grown to dislike her job, it pays her well and is very flexible which allows her time to deal with things to do with her disabled son. Hubby would love it if she would 'retire' first! x

      Delete
  2. It is a relief to be expected to stay at home...and catch up with everything that gets postponed while we travel! Now we have to take days off from doing stuff..no point in overdoing it.
    The social distancing? Great if you are on the Asperger's scale..nobody pushing into one's personal space 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about taking days off from 'catching up with stuff'. That said, I could do with getting my act together a bit more sometimes, my craft room has looked like a tornado went through since this all started. I blamed my granddaughter who spends a lot of time in there when she's here and she's not the tidiest girl in the world! However, I feel I can no longer blame her as she's not been here for weeks now and if anything the room is even worse! Today, being windy and downright cold at the moment might be the day to tackle it. It gets very hot in the attic room when there is any sun which drives me downstairs so as there seems to be little chance of that, if the howling wind currently blowing outside is anything to go by, I think I'll put TIDY UP TIME on my to do list for today!! Thanks for coming by. x

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to receive your comments, but please keep it clean and polite. Thankyou.

Popular posts from this blog

I Didn't Want to Just Disappear!

LIfe Goes On.

Plastered