The New Toilet Roll?
I tried to buy a food processor yesterday. It was sold out everywhere! It appears everybody has been processing during lockdown and I've come late to the party! I've never had a 'proper' food processor. I had one of those mini ones - 'The Magic Bullit' I think it was called and I used it to do some stuff in it but probably not as much as I could have. It died and the 'New' Magic Bullit had shot up in price since I first got it so I didn't replace it. I have one of those stick blenders which does the business when I make soup and in 43, almost 44 years of marriage I've got by without a processor. However, lately I've taken to watching all sorts of chefs and cooks online and I find quite a few mention 'just pop it in your food processor' etc and I feel left out. Do I need a food processor? No. Do I want a food processor? Yes, at least until I get it and can't work out how to use it and it sits in the cupboard waiting for its day to shine!
My mum broke her parasol base when she tried to move it from one part of the garden to another. I'll get you one online I said. Nope. They are sold out too, which doesn't surprise me as the weather has been exceptionally good so far. Everyone is sitting under their parasol it would seem on a nice new base.
I tried to buy some shorts online in Marks and Spencer. I now only have two pairs that fit me comfortably (don't ask!) and one potential pair from a pair of joggies that I've repaired to within an inch and I'm not repairing again, so I'll cut off the legs and they will be comfy shorts. However, I decided I needed a new pair too. Nope, none to be had! Either everyone in the world is my size and wearing shorts or there is a shortage of shorts, I'm not sure which.
I did however manage to order a skirt and top from M&S. I rarely wear skirts, however I aspire to wear skirts more often and feel if I had just the right one it would encourage me! I hope this is the right one. It will be delivered sometime this year apparently! Covid is holding up deliveries because everyone is clearly sitting online ordering all the stuff I need/want!
At least now you can get toilet rolls no bother - I don't need or want them now but they are available!
It was my birthday yesterday. I had a lovely day. I got a cuddle with my granddaughter which made me cry! My daughter doused her in Dettol, wrapped her in a black plastic bag, taped gloves to her hands, put a mask on her, doused her in more Dettol then let us have a big cuddle. It was the best present ever. My hubby also baked me a cake! He's finding whole new talents all the time in Lockdown. The cake was delicious! He had a bit of advice from my daughter but he did good, it was delicious!
He's also going to get me a processor for my birthday - once somewhere has one available! I had hoped to get glass fusing classes as a birthday present this year but it could be a while before we can do such things again. I see things are spiking again in NW England, sounds like lockdown might be on the cards again. We're still in lockdown in Scotland so a processor will be my friend in a long lockdown I think. Next year we can be frivolous again hopefully. xx
My mum broke her parasol base when she tried to move it from one part of the garden to another. I'll get you one online I said. Nope. They are sold out too, which doesn't surprise me as the weather has been exceptionally good so far. Everyone is sitting under their parasol it would seem on a nice new base.
I tried to buy some shorts online in Marks and Spencer. I now only have two pairs that fit me comfortably (don't ask!) and one potential pair from a pair of joggies that I've repaired to within an inch and I'm not repairing again, so I'll cut off the legs and they will be comfy shorts. However, I decided I needed a new pair too. Nope, none to be had! Either everyone in the world is my size and wearing shorts or there is a shortage of shorts, I'm not sure which.
I did however manage to order a skirt and top from M&S. I rarely wear skirts, however I aspire to wear skirts more often and feel if I had just the right one it would encourage me! I hope this is the right one. It will be delivered sometime this year apparently! Covid is holding up deliveries because everyone is clearly sitting online ordering all the stuff I need/want!
At least now you can get toilet rolls no bother - I don't need or want them now but they are available!
It was my birthday yesterday. I had a lovely day. I got a cuddle with my granddaughter which made me cry! My daughter doused her in Dettol, wrapped her in a black plastic bag, taped gloves to her hands, put a mask on her, doused her in more Dettol then let us have a big cuddle. It was the best present ever. My hubby also baked me a cake! He's finding whole new talents all the time in Lockdown. The cake was delicious! He had a bit of advice from my daughter but he did good, it was delicious!
He's also going to get me a processor for my birthday - once somewhere has one available! I had hoped to get glass fusing classes as a birthday present this year but it could be a while before we can do such things again. I see things are spiking again in NW England, sounds like lockdown might be on the cards again. We're still in lockdown in Scotland so a processor will be my friend in a long lockdown I think. Next year we can be frivolous again hopefully. xx
Happy birthday for yesterday MG. I could have trawled through my last remaining dodgy birthday cards and sent you one! Sorry but unlike you I only make my sewn ones for family, they take too flipping long. I am currently on two Leo cards, I have the outlines of the lions heads but can’t seem to get their features right. This is a problem if you can’t draw. So every now and then I wander up to the garden room, have another go and walk away. Just as well I started in good time! Get yourself a food processor, mine I use quite a lot, not as much as the stand mixer though. I am very impressed with your birthday cake, what a lovely idea. I expect to see himself on GBBO anytime soon!
ReplyDeleteLX
Thankyou lettice, no need for a card but thank you for the thought! I'm like you in that I am struggling with getting any 'creative' juices to flow. The cards I'm making just now are incredibly basic and last minute. I need to up my game. I only recently got a good stand mixer and I absolutely love it. Best thing ever! It was funny watching hubby, I tried to keep my mouth zipped tight shut and not micro manage his efforts. He stood and watched the mixer mixing and when daughter said 'you know you can go and do something else while this is working?' he said, 'no I just do one thing at a time'. To be honest his cake tasted so nice he might have a point! I don't think he'd manage the time management part of GBBO - his one thing at time means he takes quite a long time!! xx
DeleteIn case you haven’t noticed... he’s a man!?!
DeleteLX
True!! xx
DeleteWow that victoria sponge looks delicious. Happy birthday. And do you need a food processor? Not sure. I've had the same old cheapo for years and it's fine. A couple of years ago at a "home improvement" kind of fair in town I ended up buying the more expensive processor (can't remember the make but you're looking at €500 kinda thing). Was it worth it? Absolutely not. I have a stick blender and get by just fine. I actually looked at instapots the other day but while people rave about them I don't think I need another gadget!
ReplyDeleteJust had to add. I have an electric whisk which I think my parents gave me when I moved to Geneva in 1980 and it's still going strong!
DeleteThe one I'm thinking of getting is just over the £100 mark so its neither cheap nor expensive so hopefully it will do the stuff I need it to do. It's mainly chopping up veg for soup type stuff. I've had so many near misses chopping up turnips (the big brown ones I think they call swedes in England!) for example and it would be nice to just quarter it and pop it in! What kicked it off was a recipe online for donner kebab meat! I don't even like that but looking at the recipe with ground meat it occured to me I could do other things with processed ground meat too! I've only ever had the very small bullit one and I used it to make salsa and guacamole which was fine in small amounts. I'll use it one way or another as long as its not too complicated! If I don't understand how to use it it will lie in the cupboard!
DeleteI think old machines work for much longer than new ones. Our dishwasher died just as lockdown came in and I discovered it was 20 years old. I'll be very happy if another one lasts half that time! x