Who Switched The Light Off?
There are times when you feel the whole world has gone mad and this is one of them. I still find myself thinking 'Is this real?' This pandemic lifestyle is so far removed from anything we have known and it still takes a minute to remember it's for real. We now queue to get into shops, we wear masks, we wash our hands 20 million times a day, we stay well away from family, friends and neighbours, we have lunch on Zoom, we play games on Houseparty and we do jigsaws!! This is all bad enough but then you have the government aide who thought the rules didn't apply to him so there was a huge furore about that, you have T minus Rump bleating about almost everything but not actually dealing with anything important like pandemics and riots, apparently China are lining up with a view to some military action - have I missed anything? The world has actually gone mad and we all feel a bit helpless to stop it. People are protesting peacefully and getting rubber bullits fired at them, police officers are murdering people and being filmed doing it with no-one stopping it - surely that would be life imprisonment right there?
I feel very very sad when I see what's happening around us. People are angry. Tempers are short. People are scared. There's a lot to be scared about.
Sad sad times we live in. I hope we can find our way out of this dark time and back into the light. I look forward to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel again.
I typed the bit above a few days ago and its been in a draft. Since then, I've had a 'lockdown' birthday and it certainly turned the light on for me. My daughter and her two children came to visit. She brought me a bag full of lovely food from Marks and Spencer as part of my birthday present. I love getting 'lunchy' things from Marks but haven't been since lockdown. She also then disappeared with my granddaughter and reappeared with her dressed in head to toe black plastic bag, gloves taped at the wrists, she forgot to bring her mask but put several layers of kitchen roll over her face, covered her in Dettol and let us have a big cuddle. And, my hubby of 43 years baked me a birthday cake from a recipe book I got as a wedding present and he made me a card too. He's done neither before and if I tell you it was the best cake ever!! These were the best presents in the whole world. It made me appreciate life is not all bad and it will come right again. We need to remember that. Obviously it won't come right for everyone but for most of us it will. I fully intend to be one of them. I can see a glimmer of light at the end of my tunnel, I hope you can too. xx
I feel very very sad when I see what's happening around us. People are angry. Tempers are short. People are scared. There's a lot to be scared about.
Sad sad times we live in. I hope we can find our way out of this dark time and back into the light. I look forward to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel again.
I typed the bit above a few days ago and its been in a draft. Since then, I've had a 'lockdown' birthday and it certainly turned the light on for me. My daughter and her two children came to visit. She brought me a bag full of lovely food from Marks and Spencer as part of my birthday present. I love getting 'lunchy' things from Marks but haven't been since lockdown. She also then disappeared with my granddaughter and reappeared with her dressed in head to toe black plastic bag, gloves taped at the wrists, she forgot to bring her mask but put several layers of kitchen roll over her face, covered her in Dettol and let us have a big cuddle. And, my hubby of 43 years baked me a birthday cake from a recipe book I got as a wedding present and he made me a card too. He's done neither before and if I tell you it was the best cake ever!! These were the best presents in the whole world. It made me appreciate life is not all bad and it will come right again. We need to remember that. Obviously it won't come right for everyone but for most of us it will. I fully intend to be one of them. I can see a glimmer of light at the end of my tunnel, I hope you can too. xx
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to receive your comments, but please keep it clean and polite. Thankyou.