A Word of Warning!
I was perusing Facebook one morning a few weeks ago as is my wont. Most of the stuff I have on Facebook is small businesses, so its basically mostly advertising. I get some news from various sources and I have about 20 friends on there too. All of whom I know personally. They do not post pictures of their dinner or Snapchat images! I have absolutely no idea what Snapchat is but I know lots of people seem to use it to make themselves look like cute animals! I've no idea why! I get the local weather and I get the local news and I like it. Anyway, the bit about Facebook I don't like is that they put sponsored posts on there too, advertisers who have paid for an ad to be placed in among your newsfeed unsolicited. Mostly I skip merrily by them without a glance however one of them caught my attention recently. It was an advert for 'the most comfy bra ever' with donations to breast cancer charity and because they are not wired they are better for you too. This was an ad made directly for me. I stopped wearing wired bras after the breast cancer. I'd been getting pain on and off for years in the spots where the wires end and I was no longer willing to take the risk that they were the cause. I'm what you might call a large lady. Bravissimo tell me I'm a 36 ginormous but personally I'm more comfy in a 38 ginormous! It's not easy to get unwired bras that support you enough - especially when you've had 3 babies in your lifetime too! So, what did I do, yes I stupidly ordered two bras. I read a few of the comments on Facebook and it all looked good.
Now, before you think the worst - I actually received the bras albeit they took a while and I worried I'd been had but they arrived and were indeed very comfortable. The only problem was, they support absolutely nothing and I found after half an hour my boob hanging below the bra! This is not a good look. So, I went onto their website to find out how to return them. They have a big notice on the website saying you can easily return them within 14 days for a refund or replacement. And this is where the problem lay. I cannot find an address for them. I've emailed four times now to find out how to return them and get no reply. The first couple of times I used their online form but that doesn't give you any paper trail so I did eventually find an email address for them and sent an email or two. I hope its just that the virus is making everything slower just now. I had the same problem with the garden centre and then eventually I got a reply to every single email I sent them - all telling me they were refunding my money! I was convinced I was going to make a profit out of that one - I didn't, they were all telling me about the same refund! Anyway, I'm still well within the 14 days. I'm going to put my daughter on the case if I don't get a reply by the end of the week. She's a brilliant investigator and if there is an address for them she will find it! So the moral of this story is - check websites very very closely before you order anything. Make sure there is a return address or at very least a phone number. Email addresses are pretty useless at times. I did check their payments were secure so thank goodness I'm not totally daft!
You might yet find me on Facebook Marketplace selling two giant, useless bras! I won't admit that on the advert though!!
Updated to say, I did indeed put my daughter on the case and she discovered lots of people complaining about this company. Most with the same problem, how to get a refund. All saying if they got an answer at all it was to offer only a replacement. She's reported them to Facebook as a scam. Then, this morning I got an email from them offering me a replacement! I've sent a copy of the government rules regarding distance selling! I'll wait a few days to see if they get back to me before I contact the bank.
Now, before you think the worst - I actually received the bras albeit they took a while and I worried I'd been had but they arrived and were indeed very comfortable. The only problem was, they support absolutely nothing and I found after half an hour my boob hanging below the bra! This is not a good look. So, I went onto their website to find out how to return them. They have a big notice on the website saying you can easily return them within 14 days for a refund or replacement. And this is where the problem lay. I cannot find an address for them. I've emailed four times now to find out how to return them and get no reply. The first couple of times I used their online form but that doesn't give you any paper trail so I did eventually find an email address for them and sent an email or two. I hope its just that the virus is making everything slower just now. I had the same problem with the garden centre and then eventually I got a reply to every single email I sent them - all telling me they were refunding my money! I was convinced I was going to make a profit out of that one - I didn't, they were all telling me about the same refund! Anyway, I'm still well within the 14 days. I'm going to put my daughter on the case if I don't get a reply by the end of the week. She's a brilliant investigator and if there is an address for them she will find it! So the moral of this story is - check websites very very closely before you order anything. Make sure there is a return address or at very least a phone number. Email addresses are pretty useless at times. I did check their payments were secure so thank goodness I'm not totally daft!
You might yet find me on Facebook Marketplace selling two giant, useless bras! I won't admit that on the advert though!!
Updated to say, I did indeed put my daughter on the case and she discovered lots of people complaining about this company. Most with the same problem, how to get a refund. All saying if they got an answer at all it was to offer only a replacement. She's reported them to Facebook as a scam. Then, this morning I got an email from them offering me a replacement! I've sent a copy of the government rules regarding distance selling! I'll wait a few days to see if they get back to me before I contact the bank.

Another reason why I don’t ‘do’ facebook. Amazon, I have found are easy, too easy to buy from and extremely easy to return items to! Deep down I do feel guilty.
ReplyDeleteMarks And Spencer do stock non wired bras and like you I do find they aren’t really up to the job. No escape from under the cups, but for all that they do chaff under the bozoom. Back to the drawing board my fellow large knockers lady... perhaps we should put our heads together or maybe our breasts and come up with a revolutionary new support garment?
They have been the bane of my life. I often say if I won the lottery I would have them reduced, but then think maybe not?
LX
I can't really fault Facebook for this one. I was stupid not to check them out more thoroughly before ordering. If I'd looked a bit further than I did I'd have found lots of people complaining about them and would have given them a swerve. Lesson learned! I will fight tooth and nail to get my money back and today I reported them as being misleading on Instagram too. This is another platform I don't really use much but I like looking at the photos and my son and his partner use it to post photos of them on the boat etc so when I spotted the advert I put a very negative comment on it and then discovered I could report them to Instagram quite easily too.
DeleteI wear M&S and they are ok but not amazing. I often wonder about these women who get their breasts increased - are they mad?? I would never get any surgery I don't need, I've had too many I did need to want to go through it unnecessarily!
Our breasts together might be a sight to behold it has to be said! If they came up with a good, comfy, pretty (I hate the scaffolding look I've to wear!) supporting bra I'd be delighted though. Does that sound like too much? Surely not! x
When I was last home in England I went to Beals and was measured for a bra. I brought 3. They weren't cheap but they are an absolute treat. Like you I'm "stacked" (and hate it) and haven't worn underwired bras for years. They're just so uncomfortable and more than once I've walked around with the wire sticking up under my chin and not knowing it (I'm surprised I didn't get struck by lightning)! When I've been pissed off at a company I've gone on their FB page and left an appropriate comment. It may not get you your money back but .... And who knows, I always feel you could carry watermelons in my bras so maybe somebody with an allotment could find a use for them!
ReplyDeleteThat gave me a laugh, I could indeed give them to someone with a need to carry watermelons or there's always bowling balls too!! I got measured in Bravissimo but I find the bras get too tight round me as the day goes on when I get their size. I don't think we have Beals up here. The best bra I ever got was a Rigby and Peller bra. I got it from a site that sold 'designer' seconds and past seasons cheaper than the original (it wasn't cheap though, just cheaper!). It was a long time ago but I still remember that bra being the best one I ever had, oh how I'd love to have the money to have them supply me now, although that said, I've just had a look at their site and I'm not very impressed. Oh well back to M&S I suppose! x
Delete