An Anniversary.
Today hubby and I have been married for 44 years! We 'went out' for 4 years before we married so we've been together for 48 years! How can we possibly be old enough for that!
The photo was taken at our grandsons 18th party last September. My hair is quite a bit longer now since it's not been cut since January this year! Hubby's hair looks much the same as I've been cutting his hair. You Tube is a wonderful thing!
We're having a quiet day (no change there then!). I bought some nice treats for lunch/dinner and I'm going to bake a cake today. We don't do anniversary presents and I'll be interested to see if hubby gets me a card! He's not out and about just now so although he'll remember our anniversary, I'll be surprised if there is a card. It doesn't bother me but gives me a lot of ammunition to kid him on! xx
** Updated to say, he did indeed get me a card! Not only that he got me a present too! He got me Andre Rieu's christmas album! It's wonderful.
The photo was taken at our grandsons 18th party last September. My hair is quite a bit longer now since it's not been cut since January this year! Hubby's hair looks much the same as I've been cutting his hair. You Tube is a wonderful thing!
We're having a quiet day (no change there then!). I bought some nice treats for lunch/dinner and I'm going to bake a cake today. We don't do anniversary presents and I'll be interested to see if hubby gets me a card! He's not out and about just now so although he'll remember our anniversary, I'll be surprised if there is a card. It doesn't bother me but gives me a lot of ammunition to kid him on! xx
** Updated to say, he did indeed get me a card! Not only that he got me a present too! He got me Andre Rieu's christmas album! It's wonderful.
Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteYou certainly don’t look old enough to have been together 48 years. Much love xx
Your hubby is a keeper - André Rieu!!!!!! Congratulations on such a lovely long marriage!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary, and I second the comment that you don't look old enough!
ReplyDeleteThankyou for all your kind comments. We had a lovely quiet day - I even put makeup on and wore a skirt instead of my usual joggies in honour of the day!! x
ReplyDeleteWow... what a milestone, you two look like you were meant for each other and I suppose after nearly half a century, it would appear you most definitely are. Warmest of warm wishes to you both. Nice little luncheon and dinner nibbly treats are so much more fun than a slap up meal out. You, I bet bought things you normally wouldn’t which makes it even more special.
ReplyDeleteLots more happy days to look forward to...
LX