Moaning.
I don't want to moan but I'm going to moan.
I'm fed up.
I got through lockdown no problem at all. I think what made the difference was the weather. It was fabulous almost all through the severe lockdown. The whole month of July has been abysmal. It's been wet and cold. I've actually had to put the fire on on more than one occasion and I put an extra blanket on the bed on a few occasions when the summer weight duvet wasn't enough. The good weather of April, May and June have all but been forgotten and I'm missing it. I'm not looking for big heatwaves but some dry and settled mild warmth would be good.
I've got plenty to be doing. I have things in the house to clean; cupboards to rearrange and organise; books to read; films on Netflix; sewing to do; photos to sort; cards to make; the garden to tame back from being a jungle; you get the picture, there is endless stuff I could and should be doing but I cannot for the life of me be bothered with any of it.
Even my new Karen Swan book isn't keeping me gripped. It's very good and I'm enjoying it well enough but I can't be bothered to even read.
My motivation has gone on holiday (hopefully not to Spain!)
I'm muddling through the days doing very little other than keep the place ticking over. I cook meals, I go shopping (once a week), I visit my mum and I walk the dog and in between I've no idea what I've done all day.
I'm assuming it's just a phase and I'll come out of it again and things will get done again. I hope so because I've so much to do!! x
I'm fed up.
I got through lockdown no problem at all. I think what made the difference was the weather. It was fabulous almost all through the severe lockdown. The whole month of July has been abysmal. It's been wet and cold. I've actually had to put the fire on on more than one occasion and I put an extra blanket on the bed on a few occasions when the summer weight duvet wasn't enough. The good weather of April, May and June have all but been forgotten and I'm missing it. I'm not looking for big heatwaves but some dry and settled mild warmth would be good.
I've got plenty to be doing. I have things in the house to clean; cupboards to rearrange and organise; books to read; films on Netflix; sewing to do; photos to sort; cards to make; the garden to tame back from being a jungle; you get the picture, there is endless stuff I could and should be doing but I cannot for the life of me be bothered with any of it.
Even my new Karen Swan book isn't keeping me gripped. It's very good and I'm enjoying it well enough but I can't be bothered to even read.
My motivation has gone on holiday (hopefully not to Spain!)
I'm muddling through the days doing very little other than keep the place ticking over. I cook meals, I go shopping (once a week), I visit my mum and I walk the dog and in between I've no idea what I've done all day.
I'm assuming it's just a phase and I'll come out of it again and things will get done again. I hope so because I've so much to do!! x

If it's any help, you are not alone in this. Your post describes my current mood exactly.
ReplyDeleteI'm finding it very hard to get motivated to do anything. It is helpful to know it's not just me, but I hope it passes soon. x
DeleteMoan all you want M. I feel the same about the weather. We went to the allotment today, and J dug up all the potatoes on the half plot. We're still in July and we're getting ready to put the plots to bed, which is absolutely unheard of. The weather has been so awful that each time we get a dry day, we turn up to find that the weeds have run riot yet again. All we've done is play catch up this year, and I can't wait for stuff to be harvested, pulled out and tidied up.
ReplyDeleteMy garden looks like a jungle, it's very overgrown and the veg is very unhappy. Even my radishes failed! Even todays dry weather was very muggy so I couldn't be bothered doing much in the garden, although just as well I got the grass cut because at 6pm we had a big thunder storm and it absolutely poured down for ages! I'm demented. xx
DeleteI agree with you about lockdown weather. Out of the 12 weeks we were confined at home we only had one week of bad-ish weather and it made all the difference. Now we've got the opposite problem to you and it's too hot to move. 40°C here today and the same forecast for next week. You can't win can you!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't cope with your kind of heat. It was mid 20's here today and very muggy making it feel like too much bother to do anything! Then tonight we've had a big thunderstorm, yet more rain, just what we don't need. Thank goodness for the good lockdown weather though, I'm grateful for that. x
DeleteMade me laugh anyway, moan away it keeps me entertained... poor you. You must be struggling to even think about cleaning, rearranging, what like on the Titanic... the deckchairs? Housework if you think about it is a stupid occupation cos the minute you turn your back the dust you’ve stirred up, quietly behind your back goes and settles on the piano!?! If you rearrange stuff, for the next six months you will struggle to find anything. Read a book? If you don’t enjoy it chuck it out of the window, that at least is one less thing to dust. We are all in the same boat... sinking... and if the second wave is going to be as bad as they predict your worries about not doing things will all be for nothing! Just chill lassie enjoy today and your good fortune to have got this far. Have a good grumble and worry not one joy about nuffink, you know it makes sense, not a lot, mind!?! It is me, after all...
ReplyDeleteLX
You are right Lettice, there is no point to worrying, however worry I do! To be honest it's not that I'm worrying so much as feeling totally lazy and at a lose end. I've plenty to fill my days but can't really be bothered doing any of it, including rearranging the deckchairs!
ReplyDeleteHowever all is not lost. I've had an epiphany today and my next post, possibly tomorrow, or today depending when you read this, will explain all! How's that for a cliffhanger?!
Herpes is a serious and recurrent condition that cannot be cured by drugs or injections by US doctors, but the best way to fight against herpes is to take natural herbal remedies, I red about DR JAMES, the great herbalist who cures people of herpes virus with his powerful herbal medicine. I contacted him to find out how he could help me and he told me never to be afraid that he would help me with the natural herbs medicine! After 2 days of contacting him he told me the medicine is ready and he sent it to me via DHL COURIER SERVICE and it got me in 3 days! I used the medication as he prescribed for me (MORNING and EVENING) and was cured! It's really like a dream, but I'm so happy! For people suffering from the following diseases,Shingles,MS,Bullous Pemphigoid,Diabetes, cancer,Pcos, hypothyroidism, Herpes, COPD, HIV, arthritis, Hpv, infections, liver disease, autoimmune diseases, Parkinson's disease, Lupus and more should contact him for his herbal medicine, because I am a living witness and I was cured of herpes virus. and DR James medicine is legitimate. I sent him what he asked for and he sent me his medication which I took for 2 weeks and today I am here with a negative result. When I went for the test, I was so happy after I took his herbal mix medicine.CONTACT DR JAMES FOR A PERMANENT CURE Email: drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com
ReplyDelete