Things Change But Not For the Better
Something has changed either with my computer or my phone. I used to be able to attach my phone to the laptop with a usb cable, the laptop would recognise there was a phone attached to it and ask me if I wanted to download my photos. Simple. Then, one day recently, after I updated the software on my phone, I attached the phone to the laptop, the message asked me if I wanted to download the photos, then it stopped. It refused point blank to go any further. I tried every which way but it would not play. I called in the big guns - hubby. In the past hubby was a computer engineer with IBM so it doesn't get more appropriate than that to fix a computer. Nope. Not even he who speaks computer could get it to work. The laptop and the phone have had a fallout and they refuse to play now.
I can still move photos onto the laptop, but its much more laborious as I have to pick which ones I want and move them into the appropriate folders. Previously they went into date order automatically. Now they don't. I think this is why I'm struggling to find photos to 'fit' my blog posts. I take photos, they are in my phone, but because its a nuisance to transfer them now I find I don't do it. It isn't complicated, I know I can do it easily, but I think I'm in a huff. A strop. I'm mad with both my phone and my computer. I know one of them is to blame but neither will own up. I suspect my phone is at fault as hubby can't get them to auto download onto his computer either, that said, he's on the same operating system as me too so technically it could still be the computer.
This is the post I'm reduced to when I'm going nowhere, seeing no-one and doing nothing! xx
I can still move photos onto the laptop, but its much more laborious as I have to pick which ones I want and move them into the appropriate folders. Previously they went into date order automatically. Now they don't. I think this is why I'm struggling to find photos to 'fit' my blog posts. I take photos, they are in my phone, but because its a nuisance to transfer them now I find I don't do it. It isn't complicated, I know I can do it easily, but I think I'm in a huff. A strop. I'm mad with both my phone and my computer. I know one of them is to blame but neither will own up. I suspect my phone is at fault as hubby can't get them to auto download onto his computer either, that said, he's on the same operating system as me too so technically it could still be the computer.
This is the post I'm reduced to when I'm going nowhere, seeing no-one and doing nothing! xx
Sounds like so many of us MG, at least you have a techwhizz husband!
ReplyDeleteLX
No use having a techwhizz husband who can't tame the tech!! I think his best advice ever was when I was having a problem with my computer at work and I phoned him to ask his advice. He said 'does your keyboard have little legs on it?' 'Yes' 'Lift it up, make sure all the legs are either up or down and drop it onto your desk'. I kid you not! Believe it or not it actually fixed the problem!! A bit like kicking a car I suppose lol. x
DeleteI hate messing with technology too. I've always just emailed the photos I want to myself and download from there - but it's hardly efficient!
ReplyDeleteIt never actually occured to me to email my photos to myself!! lol. I might try that, but I do wish I could still download them the way I used to. It's a real nuisance. x
DeleteI always start a blog post using my phone and add the photos directly to it, because transferring photos from my phone to the computer is such a laborious process since I got an iphone.
ReplyDeleteI think part of my problem is I have everything saved on my computer. The passwords for Blogger etc. I don't really have much on my phone other than the photos, I don't even really read blogs on my phone. It's possibly because I was a typist in days gone by that I prefer to use a proper keyboard and I struggle with the tiny buttons on the phone. I've never 'got' how the kids use two thumbs to text. I use one finger! I must be getting old right enough!! x
Delete