You Are Caller Number .....
... 21 and over one hour later I was caller number 2 and then it went silent! Are you kidding me?? I held my nerve and didnt hang up as was my wont!
Thankfully the plinky plink song came back. I got 'you are caller number 1 and it was creeping towards 4pm when they finish for the day! Fortunately 4.05pm it was answered and then 'I'm sorry I can't hear you, I'll call you back'. I was sceptical to say the least and about ready to jump in the phone screaming. I waited and two minutes seemed like 10 however he did indeed phone me back. Nothing is settled though. Covid 19 is as good an excuse as any for bad service. 'Its the supplier we're having difficulty with' 'Why didn't you email me to tell me that then?' 'We did send you an email' 'Yes you did, but it said I would receive my goods that week and would get a call to give me a two hour slot, that was two weeks ago, I still don't have the stuff' 'It's the suppliers fault' 'Well, my contract and money is with you so as far as I'm concerned you're at fault, you should keep customers up to date if there is a problem, this is the second time I've tried to phone and I think we're at 6 emails now!' 'I'll escalate it' 'Will that help?' 'Hopefully'. 'I'll give you to Friday and if I don't receive the goods by then I want my money back or I'm setting the bank or the police on you' 'No problem, have a nice day' He was clearly keen to finish for the day. I must admit I was curious to know how many people were after me in the queue and did they get spoken to or does it just cut you off when he finishes.
It's plants I ordered to cheer me up back in May. By this time they will be lucky to get 6 weeks growing. The company are very hard to deal with as their website is not exactly full of information about how to contact them other than a form. I've filled in the form several times and you get a stock one back reminding you that these are difficult times. They are indeed, especially when you deal with less than efficient companies. This is a major plant company in the UK, not a teeny tiny one man band. Arggggh! x
Thankfully the plinky plink song came back. I got 'you are caller number 1 and it was creeping towards 4pm when they finish for the day! Fortunately 4.05pm it was answered and then 'I'm sorry I can't hear you, I'll call you back'. I was sceptical to say the least and about ready to jump in the phone screaming. I waited and two minutes seemed like 10 however he did indeed phone me back. Nothing is settled though. Covid 19 is as good an excuse as any for bad service. 'Its the supplier we're having difficulty with' 'Why didn't you email me to tell me that then?' 'We did send you an email' 'Yes you did, but it said I would receive my goods that week and would get a call to give me a two hour slot, that was two weeks ago, I still don't have the stuff' 'It's the suppliers fault' 'Well, my contract and money is with you so as far as I'm concerned you're at fault, you should keep customers up to date if there is a problem, this is the second time I've tried to phone and I think we're at 6 emails now!' 'I'll escalate it' 'Will that help?' 'Hopefully'. 'I'll give you to Friday and if I don't receive the goods by then I want my money back or I'm setting the bank or the police on you' 'No problem, have a nice day' He was clearly keen to finish for the day. I must admit I was curious to know how many people were after me in the queue and did they get spoken to or does it just cut you off when he finishes.
It's plants I ordered to cheer me up back in May. By this time they will be lucky to get 6 weeks growing. The company are very hard to deal with as their website is not exactly full of information about how to contact them other than a form. I've filled in the form several times and you get a stock one back reminding you that these are difficult times. They are indeed, especially when you deal with less than efficient companies. This is a major plant company in the UK, not a teeny tiny one man band. Arggggh! x

I had problems with the arbour. Packs 1 of 3 , and 3 of 3 arrived. Pack 2 of 3 was missing. No means of contacting the merchant I bought from apart from an automated webchat, because of Covid. I managed to find the supplier and rang them direct - the lady I dealt with couldn't have been more helpful and the parts arrived last week. The merchant replied to my webchat after a fortnight, and said they'd get back to me in a few days- 2 weeks later I was still waiting, so I'm relieved that I managed to track the supplier down!
ReplyDeleteI thought this company was big enough that I'd not have any problems other than the usual 'because of Covid there may be delays in delivering goods'. However given the garden centres have now all been fully opened for weeks now I feel this is ridiculous. I've still not heard a word from them so on Monday I intend to inform them I definitely want me money back and I'll contact the credit card company to see what they can do. Never again!
DeleteI am finding it harder these days to get any sort of response from various companies. Their deliveries are delayed or non existent and then they all want me to call their helpline number, but that's no good for someone like me who is quite deaf and struggles with the telephone. Emails just get ignored. Why can't they all just do their job?????
ReplyDeleteI think Covid is being used as an excuse by some companies. I hate when I get a stock response back by return because then in your mind you feel you've had a response which it isn't really! As you say, they need to just do their job and if they can't cope in these circumstances they should hold up their hands to it and admit failure.
DeleteIt is so frustrating, the bigger companies are maybe the ones that take the most liberties? I ordered some pond plants the other day for our little sink water feature, now you’ve got me worried as to whether they will turn up, soonest!?! No patience that’s my trouble, sound familiar?
ReplyDeleteLX
I think smaller traders are doing much better just now. They have a vested interest in keeping customer numbers up, that's certainly my experience so far. This big company are really annoying me now and I plan to tell them in no uncertain terms!
DeleteWhen I was at work if I said I would do something I would! If the end result didn't depend on me I would write it down and keep pestering the person whose responsibility it was until I got an answer one way or another. We were all like that in our HR department and we were efficient. Unfortunately, when they bring in the "wise boys" (as my dad would call them) things go down the tubes, just as when they outsource. It makes me sad actually as we used to do a damn good job between us. And this wasn't in 1950, it was 18 months ago when I retired! That being said, I recently had dealings with a small company here in France (within the last month) and they are a delight to deal with. Small, efficient and hard working, so maybe all isn't lost!
ReplyDeleteI agree, smaller companies on the whole are much better and easier to deal with. The big boys better watch out, this has shown them up. Like you, when I worked in local government, I always followed things through. Our department had been a small one working outside the main offices. When we moved into the main office people were amazed that we followed everything through and phoned people back if we said we would or to just check everything we said would happen did. One citizen even commented to me that she was amazed and very pleasantly surprised that I called her back as it didn't usually happen!
DeleteHi, just discovered your blog. Your problem sounds very much like mine, I'm still waiting for plug plants ordered in April. Many emails and their stock replies later, then promises that the plants would be despatched at the beginning of June, then the middle of June then the end of June, then a further delay of 14 days and they're still not here. I wonder if we're talking about the same company with the initials of T & M?
ReplyDeleteHi Jan, sorry I just noticed your comment today. Welcome! No my problem is with a company more known as a garden centre beginning with D. I went onto their Facebook page eventually and used the Messenger app to tell them what I thought and almost instantly got a reply saying they were going to refund me. I then proceeded to get three other emails from them saying they would refund me. I'm still waiting for the refund to appear in my credit card but at least we've moved forward! Good luck with yours. x
Delete