Do You Know What...

... I don't think I'm going to carry on blogging for now.  For no particular reason, no-one is harrassing me, there's no big drama in my life but to be honest I just can't be bothered thinking up things to blog about.

Life is spectacularly quiet in our corner of the world.  We go nowhere and mainly just mess about at home doing housework and gardening and reading and watching telly.  There's nothing much worth writing about in that lot.

I have opinions on the state of the world.  Today in particular I feel very annoyed with everything.  I think governments around the world have a lot to answer for and I'm disgusted that power has taken over from being decent human beings.   Hubby read a very valid quote to me yesterday: ' We now have smart phones and stupid people.'  How right that is!  I don't want to do a political opinion blog as I don't want to attract the nutters!

Today I've ordered some airtight containers on Amazon for flour, rice etc.  I'm stocking up a bit again as I feel a second wave of the dreaded lurgy will come our way at some point.  I've learned from the last wave and I know what to stock up on better this time!  It won't be toilet rolls!  Well, ok, it might be a few toilet rolls!

I've made half a dozen masks this week for my family to use and I've plans to make a skirt for myself too.  

The plums are almost ready on the tree so I will have to get organised to poach some and put them in jars.

I'm overrun with tomatoes but that is not a problem in this house, we eat tons of tomatoes.  I've given quite a few away to friends and neighbours and I've plans to roast some and put them in jars for use later.  The courgettes have been a total disaster, I've all male flowers and no females :(   My cucumbers suddenly curled up and died on me for no good reason but the spring onions and indeed the onion onions have done brilliantly.   The sweetcorn is still trying hard to come to something.  A few more days of this lovely weather might produce a few stalks.  Our recent weather has been much nicer than England I think.  Our heat has been max 25 degrees which is really pleasant unlike the 30's of England.

I will also add I finally got word back from the 'bra company'.  After 6 emails and being in touch with the credit card company, they finally agreed to give me my money back.  They sent me the address to return the goods to (a crappy flat in Paris somewhere!) and I've done this tracked and signed for.  Having to do that reduced the amount I'll get back technically but its better than losing the whole lot which I had anticipated.  I now wait with baited breath to see if they do indeed return my money!

So thats it, you're up to date with whats what in this small area of blog land.  I will continue to read blogs and of course comment where appropriate!  I may or may not update here once in a while who knows.  Wishing you well and please stay safe and at home as much as possible for now.

Take care,

xxxx


Comments

  1. It's totally your right to blog only when you feel like it. I look forward to reading more if/when you decide to come back (and I hope you do). Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Anna. I love reading your blog, its so interesting and you live in such a beautiful area, I love reading about your walks. I do seem to come and go a bit with blogging so it might just be the warm weather getting to me (it finally got warm here, though not nearly as hot as you had it). Take care. xx

      Delete
  2. Quiet here too M, which is just how I like it. Knitting, sewing, revamping, gardening, allotmenteering, rewatching Vikings, and enjoying it all.
    You're very wise to try not to attract the nutters!! I've stopped reading most blogs, but will check in here just in case you put up a post. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Scarlet, glad things are quiet for you just now. Long may it last! I'm just finding it hard to come up with subjects to blog about when we go nowhere and do nothing. Plus I often find I've left my phone somewhere else and don't have photos to hand, hence all the cartoon images! Anyway, take care and I'll email you soon! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to receive your comments, but please keep it clean and polite. Thankyou.

Popular posts from this blog

I Didn't Want to Just Disappear!

LIfe Goes On.

Plastered