Just A Quickie!

 Thank you everybody for your good wishes for Sonny.  We had him at the vet again today and he's been given the all clear!  He's still on the anti inflamatories for another week but he's off all the other pain meds.  It would appear he probably pulled a muscle and put his back out which of course would be very painful and being a dog he wouldn't understand what was wrong with him.

Sonny is quite a drama queen although normally we'd have expected more whining from him but his silent, tail down slink was the worst to deal with.  

We're now filling in all sorts of insurance claim forms and to be fair our insurers (who are clearly still working from home) have been excellent and very helpful on the phone.

We've told our old vet to send Sonnys records to the new vet and after we pay them (an extortionate amount for the very little they did) we will bid them goodbye and never darken their doorstep again.

I see no good reason to stay with any professional you don't like.  We've changed doctors several times in the past and also dentists not to mention vets.  I have no loyalty when it comes to our or our pets health!


Comments

  1. A good call: vote with your tootsies. So pleased to hear Sonny is making superb progress, I wasn’t sure when all was quiet... not at all like you MG!?!

    LX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been stressed out hence the silence! It was one of those times when you deal with what you have to then melt into a muddy puddle when its all calm and well again. I'm never knowingly silent for long though lol. x

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad Sonny is on the mend and that it wasn't that serious. Wouldn't fancy the vet's bills though, but I don't blame you for switching if you weren't happy with the service!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm so glad it wasn't more serious too as the next steps would have been much more invasive, he'd need to be under anaesthetic for an MRI and possibly for an x ray too as its hard to ask a dog to lie very still! We've been saying for a while we might change vets as we've not been all that happy with them, not that we've used them too much but of course with lockdown etc its made it all much more complicated however this new vet has only just opened his practice so he was happy to have new clients which suits us fine. He's very nice and great with the dog which is what matters! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to receive your comments, but please keep it clean and polite. Thankyou.

Popular posts from this blog

I Didn't Want to Just Disappear!

LIfe Goes On.

Plastered