Debatable!
Did you watch 'the debate'? I had no interest in watching it, especially as it was on in the middle of the night here, however, you know that thing where you make plans and they say God laughs? Yes, that thing. I headed off to bed as usual at about 11pm. My usual routine is to read a bit till I find myself having to reread the last bit (cos I was actually asleep!), put the book down, turn off the light and off I go to the land of nod. On the whole I sleep ok. Like everyone, I have nights when I struggle to get to sleep, my pillow becomes a brick and the bed becomes very uncomfortable! Last night was one of those nights. I did the usual, turned out the light and instantly realised I needed to go to the toilet! On my return I found I was wide awake. Hubby was still up watching the news but I shut the bedroom door to block out the noise of the telly and tried to get over to sleep. Nope, it wasn't happening. I lay for about half an hour and finally decided I might as well get up again. Usually if I do that I sit for half an hour, get bored with whatever hubby has on the telly then go back to bed and normally fall asleep. Last night that did not happen. I was really really wide awake! Hubby went off to bed at 1am (his normal time) and I was still sitting bright eyed and bushy tailed. I watched an Andre Rieu - Welcome to My World I'd recorded and fully expected to get dozy while watching the one hour show. Nope. After it finished I channel hopped and came back to the BBC news just as the BIG debate was about to begin. I didn't anticipate watching it, I can't stand the Wotsits voice, however I got sucked right in. It's like watching a car crash, you don't want to look but you can't help yourself! My abiding thought was 'how did that man get so far in life?' I don't understand it. Why doesn't everybody see him the same way? He apparently once said he could murder someone in broad daylight on a Manhatten street and no-one would bat an eyelid and I think he might actually be right! He's made of Teflon, through and through! By 3.30am, although I still actually felt quite awake I decided enough was enough and went to bed. I assume I fell asleep fairly quickly after that as I have no memory of the rest of the night! I awoke with hubbys alarm at 8am - bright eyed and bushy tailed! I feel I will crash and burn at some point today but so far so good! Have a good day! x
I used to hate it when I couldn't sleep - especially when I was working. I always found I'd eventually start to nod off around 5 a.m. and then have to be getting up at 6! And I hate Trump's whiney voice too. As a general rule I love voices, and find a man with a sexy voice really attractive, but Trump??? Oh my god, talk about a passion killer. And as for how he got so far in life - I think daddy paid for most of it!
ReplyDeleteUsually I find it harder to sleep if I know I've to be up early for something but I had nothing the next day so I've no idea what happened. I love a nice voice too. Matthew McConaughey slips into my mind! I love that man's voice, strangely I actually quite like a Texan accent!
DeleteI know his daddy started him off but how does he keep getting away with it. Apparently he owes millions. If I go into my overdraft my bank is on the case immediately!! I must be using the wrong bank! lol. x
Emperor’s new suit of clothes I said so many times to the husband. Surely they can see? Sleep well dear chum...
ReplyDeleteLX
I've quoted the Emperors new clothes too, however when you listen to his supporters you get the feeling they actually don't see the same as the rest of the world!
DeleteI've slept fine since that one night thankyou. Clearly the universe wanted me to watch that debate for some reason that will become clear eventually!! xx