Approaching

 The dreaded lurgy is approaching.  Most days this week I've heard of someone testing positive.  Today was pretty close - my grandson's girlfriend.  We do not actually know her but obviously it affects my daughter and her family now.   That said, we are hopeful it will pass on by!  My grandsons girlfriend works in a care home and as such she is tested before every shift so at her shift during the week she tested negative but this morning she tested positive.  He's only seen her once this week, sods law, last night for the fireworks but he swears they didn't kiss or cuddle and barely even touched other than she handed him a packet of sparklers.  She's not been to their house since last weekend thankfully.  Our grandson is keeping as much distance as he can now in the family home and we'll be keeping them distant too.   We'll still have to dog sit but as before my daughter will drop him off at the door where he zooms in and when she's finished work he'll zoom back out to greet her.  No contact necessary.  Our grand daughter will walk home herself if her dad can't collect her from school.  She usually comes here as we live two minutes from her school and waits for whoever arrives first to collect her.  Her own house is only a ten minute walk but has two fairly busy roads to cross but as she's now 11 we all feel she's well able to do that now.  Her brother will be at home too.  

I'm so so over this pandemic now as I know everyone else is.  I wish we could just get on top of it and wipe it out.  Seems like it might be a while yet though. 

Comments

  1. Oh dear. Hope everyone is OK and avoids the infection. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good. Even the girlfriend has no symptoms. Long may it last. x

      Delete
  2. I think that's the harder thing this time round isn't it - we all know people infected or maybe even hospitalized and/or who have died from it. Thankfully for us my DIL tested negative so that made life easier since my son had only seen her the day before (at the divorce court). It really is "creeping" closer and closer isn't it, so I guess now we might see why lockdown is necessary. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou and I'm so glad to hear your DIL tested negative. Our grandson will only get tested if he shows any symptoms but it highlights the fact you can be positive without having symptoms and has been a huge wakeup call. You stay safe too. x

      Delete
  3. I hope he'll be ok, and his girlfriend too. I've sorted out the attic room as the bed settee is up there, just in case one of us gets it and needs to isolate. J's cousin died in the first wave, several colleagues had it, and in August several of KL's former colleagues had it, which meant she was contacted by track and trace and had to isolate. There have been a few outbreaks at the hospital... one amongst J's friends in another department, and it seems to be because they have to share a computer, as those who don't use the computer didn't get it! As J has to share a computer I've told him to be extra vigilant with sanitizing both that and his hands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far the girlfriend is showing no symptoms and was only tested because of her job and thank goodness for it! He was contacted by track and trace and told to quarantine. He more or less lives in his bedroom at the best of times so its not too hard for him! Their house has never been so clean lol. Computer sharing is a big worry at times like this, computers and remotes are bad enough at the best of times so now they are just a breeding ground, I'm surprised its still allowed! (well, actually, maybe not so surprised!) I hope you all stay safe. x

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to receive your comments, but please keep it clean and polite. Thankyou.

Popular posts from this blog

I Didn't Want to Just Disappear!

LIfe Goes On.

Plastered