Thankful
I feel a more upbeat post is required. I've been a bit down in the dumps but the weather has improved - if you can call frost and fog but dry an improvement! At least when its cold and dry it's lighter and brighter. I've just returned from a long walk with my own and my daughters dog and it was lovely, I felt refreshed. I've only been out once in the past three days as the rain has been horrendous. I was tempted to go to the nearby park for a nice long country walk but as hubby was working I decided against it.
I'm beginning to see some Christmas trees going up. I have my lights in place in the front garden but they are not yet switched on. I would like to put my tree up a bit earlier than normal however it won't be before the beginning of December. Much as I love all my decorations and everything Christmas, I think I'd get fed up with the decorations if they are up too long and I like to leave them up till after New Year so the beginning of December is soon enough. Normally we'd put them up just before hubbys birthday on the 13th December but I think we'll start a bit sooner this year. The photograph is the dresser dressed for Christmas, it doesn't change much from year to year!
I've now read the first report of how this winter will be the coldest in many years! Every year they say this, you'd think they want it to happen. I doubt it will happen this year either, I think global warming is a thing and I doubt we'll get many more of the frigid winters of the past. I hope these words don't come back to bite me!
I hope all the people I know in USA have a happy and safe Thanksgiving. I think it's a lovely holiday to have, we should all have it in my opinion. I'm thankful for so much in my life. I'm thankful I'm still here as so many people I know are not; I'm thankful for my family - immediate and extended; I'm thankful for my lovely warm house and garden (not so warm at the moment); I'm thankful to have lovely friends real and virtual; I'm thankful to live in Scotland a beautiful country if a bit wet; I'm thankful for so many things its too numerous to mention them all here.
Have a lovely day/week/year. See you soon. xx
I love the way you decorate that dresser. It's just beautiful. And you're right, maybe we should all have a holiday specifically to give thanks!
ReplyDeleteThankyou, I love decorating the house for Christmas. I don't love so much the putting it all away again after Christmas! x
DeleteYour dresser looks so lovely. I'm glad you're feeling more upbeat today. I'm the opposite and feel a bit down after being put into Tier 3. We haven't been allowed to have anyone in the house since March, people in the garden just for 4 weeks in July, and unable to meet up in a cafe or pub at all. Today it got to me a bit as I just can't see any end to it. Despite that I have a lot to be grateful for, and I am, it was just a bit harder today!
ReplyDeleteThank you, I love decorating my dresser and everywhere else for that matter. If nothing else it means it all gets a good clean too!! Ithink some days we cope better than others with this weird and not so wonderful situation we're all in. It's much harder now than it was in the spring and summer isn't it. Fingers crossed it won't be too long now before we get some form of normality back. x
Deletelol. You shouldn't put that in writing!! But I won't tell anyone don't worry!! x
ReplyDeleteLol, I'd do the same as well!
ReplyDelete