Oh No!

Going back to the Covid vaccine.  JayCee ( https://nobodsdiary.blogspot.com/) mentioned she wasn't sure if she could get the vaccine as she has a bad reaction to Penicillin.  Only when she mentioned this did it occur to me my mum is very allergic to Penicillin too.  I cannot bear the thought of telling her she might not be able to get the vaccine.  She'll be devasted.  She's convinced this will be the saviour of the world and cannot wait for her turn.  I don't want to be the one to tell her but can I not tell her?  This is the question!

Comments

  1. As your Mum has had a " bad" reaction to penicillin it will be in her medical notes, so her GP should be the one to tell her I think. Just read something about it and apparently it depends on how severe the reaction as to whether she will be given the vaccine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope she'll be able to have it or there will be no consoling her! Not to mention I was looking forward to her getting it soon being 86. I'd feel much better if she got it but clearly the medics will make that decision.

      Delete
  2. PS... She probably wouldn't believe you if you told her anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I understand they're rolling out two vaccines so maybe one will be suitable. Just found this https://www.anaphylaxis.org.uk/covid-19-advice/pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-and-allergies/ which might be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that information. I looked it up and it appears allergy to Penicillin doesn't count so she should be able to get it! Thanks again, that's reassured me hugely. x

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to receive your comments, but please keep it clean and polite. Thankyou.

Popular posts from this blog

I Didn't Want to Just Disappear!

LIfe Goes On.

Plastered