It's A Nightmare!
It's hard now to remember what we did when life was 'normal'. I'm pretty sure I had fed up days then too and days when I felt a bit down for no apparent reason but it's all too easy to blame everything (especially the bad stuff) on Covid and /or lockdown now.
I woke up last night having had a horrible dream. I have no recollection of the dream itself, but I remember feeling quite scared and waking myself up feeling as though I was panting! I found it hard to get back to sleep without the dream recurring so I woke myself up totally by changing my nightie! Strange as that may sound, the one I had on had long sleeves and I was feeling too hot so I assumed it was the feeling too hot that was making me dream so vividly and changed into cooler attire! It did the trick, I went back to bed feeling much better and fell fast asleep. I've been having a lot of very vivid dreams lately, I've no idea why! Anyway, I'm not sure if that's why I feel so fed up today - perhaps my brain is holding onto some of the horrors of the night?!
I contacted my art girls group on Whatsapp and they have been wonderful suggesting all sorts of things to pull me out of my funk. To be honest, I just can't be bothered doing anything, none of the things they suggested sparked my interest and I've decided that I'm just going to go with the flow today and let the day unfold as it will. I may do absolutely nothing or I may find something to do, such as typing up this post! Our challenge for this week is to find a painting by a famous artist and copy and adjust it to show some part of mundane life in the painting! For example, one of the girls has already done hers and she's done herself as Frida Kahlo wearing yellow marigolds potting up seeds! It's very good! I've not looked yet to see what triggers my imagination so I'll have a look around the internet today to see whats out there. I'll let you see it if I ever finish it. I never did finish the other lockdown picture I was doing! I start so much and don't always finish it! Must do better!! x
Wow, being too hot also seems to give me nightmares (and yes I'm well past menopause). In the early morning, if the heating has kicked in, that tends to be when I get the horrible dreams. Weird isn't it! And I have a CD of music called "Frida" -I just love that music. It's very evocative. I'm not an "art" person at all, but I love the mystique surrounding Frida (although maybe not anything to do with Diego).
ReplyDeleteI'm the same, I often have the weirdest dreams in the morning when the heating kicks in. Perhaps I should have the heating come on later or get up earlier!! I have to be honest and say I know very little about Frida. It's only been relatively recently I've even heard of her! One of the 'art girls' is very arty and has all sorts of books about artists so she keeps us informed lol. x
DeleteI woke up from a strange dream this morning. I had taken my children to Paris, and we were in some sort of terminal. We had a very tiny place to stay, but it didn't matter. We were so excited to be there.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a lovely dream Debbie! It's funny how you remember some dreams and not others isn't it. x
DeleteAnother one dreaming last night. I was reading at 4am, dozed back off, and woke at 6 as it sounded like someone was trying the front door! I dreamt that I was at a playgroup with a very young KL, and she was being given a book as part of a reading scheme, despite me saying no as she was too young. Bizarre! I'm having a lazy day. KL has just had to do a lateral flow covid test in the car before she could go into work as she had a sore throat and headache this morning ( symptoms of the variant apparently). Thankfully it was negative, but this morning has been a tad stressful on top of the disturbed night, and busy day yesterday, so I'm doing nothing today.
ReplyDeleteHope the funk eases xx
It's horrible to waken thinking someone is trying to get in. One night a few months ago I woke for the loo and on my way there the hall suddenly lit up as if someone was shining a torch in the door. I got the fright of my life and thought someone was trying to get in however the light went off and then came back on again then it went off for a few seconds and came on again and it was then I realised it was the people across the roads security light being triggered by the wind! Fortunatately I know them well and when I told her what happened she turned it off at night. Poor KL, I hope her symptoms don't come to much and I think you're quite right to do nothing! I hope you feel better later. I'm feeling a lot better today, I'd to do the morning dog walk and the wind is wicked out there and I think it blew all my cobwebs away! Have a good day! x
Delete