Snow


I've been proved wrong yet again! (things you never hear!)  I mentioned to someone recently that we rarely get much snow in Glasgow and here we are days later under 6 inches of the stuff!  I'm pretty sure its been about 10 years since we saw this much snow (much to my granddaughters disgust).  She's having a great time today.  The snow has coincided with mid term February school holiday here so she and her dad are off sledging.  They were trying to find a place to go nearby that would be quiet!  We gave them some ideas but whether they'll be quiet is another matter.  All the children are so excited to see this much snow and I suspect they are all out near any downward slope in the surrounding areas!  The photograph above was taken in 2015 and thats the amount we usually get for about two days every year. The other photo is the amount we have so far today and it's continuing to snow!  As the temps are not due to rise above 1 today and go down to minus 5 tonight I think it will stay with us for a few days yet.  I have an appointment to get my eyes tested on Thursday but the optician is within walking distance so that won't be a problem.  Hubby has his appointment in for the vaccination on Friday but its in the centre of Glasgow so the main roads will be fine by then, unless of course we get more blizzards.  I half jokingly said to my mum today that I should phone our doctor to say I'll happily turn up at short notice if people don't turn up for the vaccine because of the bad weather!  However as I said to her, they won't know they're not turning up till they don't!!  I'll have to be more patient.



I'm about to get into my winter gear to go out with the dog.  He came back this morning with hubby looking like a yeti (the dog not hubby).  Having wool for hair means he just absorbs wetness so he came home with his legs covered in snowballs.  He gets quite disgusted with us when we try to get them off but we saw a trick on the internet today which was to swipe a hand whisk over their legs and the snowballs come off easily.  I had a tiny handwhisk which I gave to hubby to use on the walk and when he came back I asked how it had been.  Fine, he said, till it fell apart after the second go!  Oops.  It does work though but I don't have a pocket big enough to carry the full size whisk with me, so he'll just have to be a snowball!  Stay safe and warm. x

Comments

  1. You could try putting him in the liquidizer - pup, not hubby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haahaha, my poor pup! He was fine this evening, the snow has been compressed by people walking on it so he wasn't too bad. x

      Delete
  2. Poor Sonny! There was a sprinkle of snow when I got up this morning, and we've had flurries again today but it hasn't amounted to anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me when I say there is nothing poor about Sonny!! Apart from the snowball legs he absolutely loves the cold and the snow. He often lies outside our back door watching the world go by in freezing temps! Not that much world goes by our back door but he seems to enjoy it! x

      Delete
  3. Oh, it flurried here overnight but not this badly. And you guys don't do snow tires for this time of year, so the roads must be a mess of accidents too - maybe this year not so much with lockdown. Can't say I would spend my time like Sonny prancing in the snow, but that is adorable. I keep meaning to bundle up and take walks, but I just find it too cold and I get lazy LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter assures me there are still people out there driving like idiots! She seems to meet them all when heading to work! We dont get enough snow to go to the expense of snow tires, however my son has snow socks for his van, which is a new thing to us! I love the snow. I walked to my optician appointment this morning in the glorious sunshine through the snow. x

      Delete
  4. My schnauzer gets ice balls all round his feet ( and face as he likes to do snowplough impressions!) and when we get home I dunk his paws in warm water in a bowl. He has got poorly ears at the moment and is being sedated on Friday so that they can clear the matted hair from inside and actually get to wash them out and apply medication. £500 plus !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs don't come cheap do they? Vetenery medicine is effectively private medicine. All the people who don't rate the NHS should try seeing what it could be like by getting a dog! And it would be even more expensive! I hope your dog gets on ok on Friday and comes home feeling much better. x

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to receive your comments, but please keep it clean and polite. Thankyou.

Popular posts from this blog

I Didn't Want to Just Disappear!

LIfe Goes On.

Plastered