They Couldn't Run a P*** Up in a Brewery!

Hubby has been trying to speak to HMRC and DWP all last week.   He spent 40 minutes listening to the plinky plonk tune on the Department of Work and Pensions line before someone answered then got cut off before he could talk!  He phoned right back and was another 40 minutes then was told he was through to the wrong department!  I can't tell you how blue the air was!  He also tried to speak to HMRC.  It's regarding the same problem and he spoke to them before and they told him he needed to speak to DWP about it.  Needless to say, when he eventually got through to the 'right' department at DWP, he was told it was HMRC he needed to talk to (That was another few hours of his life he won't get back)!

In part, it's his own fault!  He tried to be helpful, he tried to be clever - never a good thing when dealing with officialdom.  The problem is still not resolved but he couldn't bear to explain to one more person what the problem is.  He'll have to try again this week.  I might have to up his blood pressure tablets!  If they were private companies they wouldn't last a minute with phone lines as they are.  This is not just the fault of the pandemic either, it's always like this when you try to phone these departments.  Hubby declared they couldn't run a piss up in a brewery!  He might be right. :D  

Update:  He got through to HMRC after a 30 minute wait today and the lady seemed much more knowledgeable and helpful.  She says there is a backlog though (there always is!) so it might take a while for it all to untangle itself but she's put an 'urgent' notice on it now so that should help!  We wait with baited breath!

ps.  I got my blue envelope today!  I've to get my first jag next weekend.  I'm so happy!!

Comments

  1. Good luck and great news about the vaccination appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh damn, don't we all know those phone calls! When we had our house in Florida we used to have to make phone calls like that and when we got to recorded voice no. 15 saying "para español, marque el numero 7" we used to hang up! I think it's what you call "progress"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this day and age there is no excuse for these long waits on a phone call! In a sods law moment, he got a letter from HMRC today which we first thought was super efficient, but turned out to be completely separate and not connected to him phoning. It gave him lots of figures but none matching anything he knows anything about! It's a nightmare! x

      Delete
  3. Fingers crossed that it's sorted out soon! Those are ridiculously long waits. Thankfully when KL had to ring HMRC recently she got through quite quickly and got someone knowledgeable. My first jab is booked for 27th March at the local rugby club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're getting your jab soonish! They must be doing it in areas here just now because I've now spoken to several people in our area and they are all going to the same place as me, on the same day and at a similar time! We might be having a neighbourhood reunion by the sound of things! x

      Delete
  4. I am so glad you're getting your vaccine! As for your hubby, poor guy. Those kinds of calls are the worst!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad too. I think I'll feel a lot safer after it, well I hope I will! Hubby hates these kind of calls at the best of times so all this waiting on the end of the phone is about driving him nuts! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to receive your comments, but please keep it clean and polite. Thankyou.

Popular posts from this blog

I Didn't Want to Just Disappear!

LIfe Goes On.

Plastered