I've Had An Idea!
Hubby cringes when I say the words 'I've had an idea'. He knows that without a doubt the next thing I say will mean some kind of work for him to do! He's not wrong!
I've had an idea meant he transformed our previously spare room into a smart utility room. It's much better than I envisaged and has loads of storage space on the shelf above, which now has doors on.This is how it started. Hubby created a 'wardrobe' type space on the wall adjacent to the bathroom which meant all the plumbing was to hand under the floor. We had to get a new condensing tumble drier as the one we had before vented to outside, this room is next to the conservatory so that was a stumbling block until our tumble drier threw in the towel and died on us. It was over 20 years old so it owed us nothing and I swear I did not help it on its way!! I wasn't sure we needed a wash basin in there, but hubby said we might as well have it and to be honest it's been brilliant having it there!
The cupboard above is a great storage space for us. The doors are sliding bifold doors and originally we intended to put similar doors across the front of the laundry however it was a mammoth task doing the small ones and not cheap as the runners cost quite a bit so I decided we shouldn't bother. I think it looks nice and doesn't need to be hidden.
The finished product.......until I had another idea!!
Wouldn't a pulley be a great idea?! We have a clothes horse but it takes up quite a bit of space in the room and a pulley would be so much better! So hubby designed me one to fit in the space. I can even lower it up and down, though I tend to use it as it is!
To be fair (to me!) hubby loved making this. He spent all of first lockdown doing it and it kept him busy and he was happy to have a project to get his teeth into. At times it was frustrating trying to get supplies. B&Q remained open but the shelves were almost bare! Everyone seemed to decide lockdown was for diy! However we got there and I love this space now.
So, when I said 'I've had an idea' this morning, he all but ran out of the room with his fingers in his ears lol.
My idea isn't fully formed yet. I'm not entirely sure what I want to do but I feel our patio where our table and chairs are is very utilitarian looking and I would like it to be a bit prettier. I don't think there's much I can do or even hubby can do but my mind is whirring and that's never a good thing where hubby's concerned!!
He did a wonderful job of the utility room so just keep rolling patio ideas round in your head!
ReplyDeleteThankyou. He certainly did, I just love it! x
DeleteOoh, he is very handy isn't he?
ReplyDeleteMy hubby runs away when I say "I've been thinking..."
He is very handy and fortunately for me it's his hobby too, so he loves nothing more than a plan to be presented to him, although he likes to moan about it to me too!! x
DeleteWow, that looks amazing!!! Cannot wait to see what you get up to in the patio area next :D
ReplyDeleteThankyou. I wouldn't hold my breath on the patio area as hubby isn't quite as keen when it comes to outdoor areas. He likes anything to do with woodwork or building and I'm not sure either of those fit the criteria! x
DeleteWhat a brilliant job he's done! Great to have a sink for if you hand-wash stuff and then throw it in the machine for a spin!
ReplyDeleteThank you. Yes it is great for that. To begin with I thought I'd probably just carry on doing that in the kitchen but I must say since he put it in I've used it lots of times. I had to concede his was the best idea! x
DeleteThat is exactly how my man reacts whenever i trot out the same phrase. Strange that?
ReplyDeleteLX
I wonder why?? x
Delete