Some Days!

 Some days the bad news just keeps coming!  This morning my mum phoned me and told  me my cousin had had a heart attack yesterday.  Apparently she'd been at a funeral and felt ill so went home and lay down.  When she wasn't any better later they phoned the doctor who ordered a paramedic visit when he heard the symptoms and the paramedic recommended she go to hospital.  She's still in and is getting all sorts of tests but so far she's doing well.  Then at lunch time my daughter sent me a screenshot of a Facebook post another cousin had posted to say his sister had died this morning.  I knew she had cancer but I didn't realise she was so ill.  No sooner had I sent my condolences than I got another text from my sister in law to inform me that an elderly aunt of hubbys had died last October.  Having sent her a Christmas card last year I was aware that we hadn't received our usual one from her so I asked sister in law if she'd heard anything.  She hadn't but this week was talking to another of her aunts and found out the aunt had died.  I'm glad we found out or I'd have been sending cards to her care home for goodness knows how long!  By mid afternoon I was almost afraid to go near the phone!  They say things happen in three's so hopefully that's the three!

We picked up our new to us car today.  What a palaver that was!  Lots of the paperwork is now done online due to Covid and they are hoping to continue it after so they asked for our feedback.  We said it's rubbish!  There were so many mistakes or glitches which meant we had to phone the dealer (who was always busy and would call us back but much later, after we'd shut down the computer!)  We said we felt it would have been much easier and quicker to do in the showroom but it might just be because we're oldies!  Computer savvy as we are, there are some things that just bamboozle us (I love that word!).  Anyway, all was well in the end.  Well, almost!  Before we went to collect the car I said to hubby 'is the car completely empty now?'  'yes' 'you're sure there's nothing we need to check'  'no, I cleared everything out yesterday'  'ok'.  At the dealership the salesman said 'is the car empty, you've got everything out' 'yes' we both said.  We got home and sitting having a cup of tea and suddenly hubby says 'I think I left a cd in the car'  'WHAT? you said the car was empty'  'I thought it was but I just saw the cover for the cd on the table there and I don't think I checked the cd player and there's no cd in the cover'  One job, he had one job!!!  The good news is our daughter works directly across the road from the car dealership so she nipped across after work and picked it up for us.  Yes he did indeed leave my new Andre Rieu cd in the car that's about to be squished at the scrappy! x

Comments

  1. What!!!! He almost lost your André Rieu CD!!!! Man, people have divorced for less! But I'm so sorry to hear all the bad news you keep getting. Let's hope it stops there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! That's what I said lol. So far so good on the bad news front. Fingers crossed! x

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear about your loss. I don’t know why it should be, and nothing to do with COVID either, but we’ve lost 3 family members over the last 12 months and are terribly aware of friends and a neighbour who’s been hospitalised. I can’t recall such a year before. Of course, the restrictions seem to magnify that feeling of despair perhaps because we haven’t been able to meet up to comfort one another, and masked and socially distanced funerals are truly harrowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. We've been at one funeral through Covid and as you say they are harrowing to say the least, not being able to hug or even touch the ones left behind is so unnatural and awful. x

      Delete
  3. Oh my days, that is a lot of bad news :( I hope your cousin continues to recover however, glad that whoever was with her called the doctor and she was receptive to his instructions (some folks are not) L O L oh man your hubby!! Congrats on the new to you car :) restrictions easing mean maybe some nice drives out soon??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully we've had no more bad news since! I've not heard back from the text I sent my cousin today but I'm assuming she's perhaps getting some treatment or tests but I know she's ok as I've spoken to her sister! I'm really looking forward to some trips out in the car. It's lovely being in a new car with all mod cons lol. x

      Delete
  4. I hope that's the end of your bad news. It's strange how deaths come in clusters isn't it? We had mother in law, uncle and sister in law in 3 months. Terrible for P, who carried the coffins of his mum and partner in such a short space of time.
    Have fun in your new car!
    We're on an impromptu weekend in Wales!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good Scarlet! Enjoy your weekend in Wales I hope the weather isn't too bad! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to receive your comments, but please keep it clean and polite. Thankyou.

Popular posts from this blog

I Didn't Want to Just Disappear!

LIfe Goes On.

Plastered