Some Normality?
I've made arrangements to go for lunch with the Art Girls next week. I feel very proud of this! It's an achievement after so long staying away from people and going nowhere. Not only that, I'm actually picking one of the girls up and giving her a lift in the car! It's been a long time coming and although I'm a little bit nervous about it, I think I'll enjoy it.
I'm also about to book myself onto a fused glass class. I've wanted to do it for ages but obviously couldn't due to the restrictions but the classes are starting up again with social distancing in place so I feel I can do this now. It's all very exciting! The class is actually just an all day, one day course and you return the next day to collect your item after it's been fired in the kiln. There is a small part of me hopes I don't absolutely love it because it's not what you'd call a cheap hobby!
Talking of hobbies I think I'm going to get rid of some of my craft stuff! I've got loads of dies that I don't use. I never really got a lot of use out of dies, I couldn't be bothered fiddling with them to get the desired finish. I may try to sell some of them but I'm not sure how desirable they are any longer. I'm also considering giving up making my own cards (again!). I always leave it till the very last minute to make them, especially at this time of year when I'm outside more than in. I had always planned to make a selection to have to hand but never quite got round to that. I know it saves money to make my own when I have all the stuff already anyway and I'll probably still make one or two but I can see me making less and less not to mention, people don't seem to do cards anymore. I got a few text messages on my birthday and I have to say its not nearly as nice as getting a nice card. It's a bit hard to put a text on the mantlepiece too!
I was at the hospital this past week getting a biopsy done on a lump on my leg. It was a very small raised area which got bigger last year and I was given cream to hopefully clear it up. It cleared it a bit but not completely so now they want to see how deep the damage is so most of it has now been effectively cut out! They said they'd not cut the whole thing out as the bottom of the leg is a hard area to heal so I'm not entirely sure what happens to the rest of it now! Perhaps once one part heals they cut the other part out? I'll hopefully find out soon, but not too soon, it can take 4 to 6 weeks to get the results!! I've got one stitch which will be removed by the nurse next week.
Although the covid restrictions are still in place it does feel as though a bit of normality is returning. The question is, how much of normality do we want to return to??
I think people are still going to be cautious as restrictions are easing, but good for you for booking that class! One of the things that really stuck with me re catching covid was "time and distance" - i.e. how much time you spend in an infected person's company and how close you are, so I try to follow those rules (plus getting plenty of fresh air, of course). Thing is we can't stay locked up forever either can we, so enjoy your class (and I hope your leg heals well)!
ReplyDeleteYou're right about the time and distance I think, I will keep that in mind! We can't stay locked up for ever, it's true, and I'm sure I'll enjoy being out and about again at last. My leg is looking fine already, I get my stitch out tomorrow so fingers crossed. x
DeleteI think my first normal outing was a lunch with “the girls” in a courtyard in the sunshine, once you get your mask off and the chatting begins everyone’s confidence resumes. So much so, that I keep lunching out and I’m hoping that’s what’s meant by the new normal because I’m pretty sure lunch used to be a treat not a regular occurrence!
ReplyDeleteLol, I hope your new normal is my new normal too, regular lunch meet ups appeal to me hugely! x
DeleteOntario reopened recently, and I did a wedding and patio right after - as the wedding restrictions eased up. It was nice, and felt good. But I am not rushing out to do anything else, except a bday gathering next Wednesday just before the holiday. Better to be safe than sorry, I am luckily double dosed and past my two week mark on the 2nd dose as well!
ReplyDeleteThat's great jj. Sounds like a bit or normality for you. Lets hope it lasts, these new variants that keep popping up are a bit of a worry here but I'm trying not to worry about them! x
Delete