Updates
I thought it was time to do some updates.
First, here is my fused glass project. Hubby made a really good frame for it too so it can sit on the window sill. I felt it was a bit heavy to hang at the window so I'm really pleased with the frame. There are a few things I'd do differently if I did it again but on the whole I feel it's not bad for a first attempt. I enjoyed the class but feel it could have been better. Although I love fused glass and I enjoyed making this, I wasn't tempted at all to get involved in doing more at home. It's very expensive and there's a lot of little slivers of glass about which, when you have dogs about isn't something you want. However, I wouldn't say no to doing another class one day.
Another update is on the tiles for the outside wall. The decorative one I bought arrived and I love it. It's everything I hoped it would be and I have ordered another 4 different tiles now. I didn't want to stick to one theme even though they have lots of Alice in Wonderland tiles so I've picked a Peter Rabbit one and two William Morris tiles, one with a unicorn and one called the strawberry thief. The site I got them from pilgrimtiles.co.uk has an excellent selection of tiles. I ordered the first one from their ebay shop but the others are from their own website which had more to choose from. I also visited a tile store near us and they have the blue tiles I'm looking for. So fingers crossed it can all go ahead soon!And, last but certainly not least I finally got the results this week from my leg biopsy I had done back on June 16th! It says all is clear, no skin cancer or Bowens disease. Viral skin changes, no further need to see the doctor. Woohoo!!
That glass project is quite beautiful and no skin cancer is always a good thing.
ReplyDeleteThankyou and yes no skin cancer is a very good thing!
DeleteExcellent news on the skin front. Also, I am now inspired to look out for a fused glass workshop, that boat has turned out really pretty and I imagine it changes along with the light coming through the window. Round of deserved applause on both counts, I think.
ReplyDeleteThankyou. I would recommend a glass fusing class, I really enjoyed it. I'm sure you would too.
DeleteGreat news on your biopsy. I bet that's a weight off your mind! And I love your fused glass project - very much my taste, although I would have to buy it as I couldn't make it!
ReplyDeleteThankyou, it certainly is a weight off my mind, you don't realise you're worrying till you're not! I'm sure you could make the fused glass thing, you just draw a picture of what you want or in fact she was able to give me templates if I wanted but I had a good idea of what I wanted then once I was shown how to actually cut the glass it was really quite easy, if a bit terrifying when slivers of glass flew off!
DeleteGood news about your leg. What a relief! I love your glass, and your tile project is going to look fab if the Alice tile is anything to go by!
ReplyDeleteThankyou, it is indeed a big relief. I'm looking forward to getting started with it, in fact i'm hoping to persuade hubby to get me some of the cement I need to do a border round it when he's back at B&Q today! Our weather is lovely and is apparently going to be all week so it would be an ideal week to get started! Fingers crossed.
ReplyDeleteGood news on the biopsy results. It must have been a worry.
ReplyDeleteThankyou. I was a bit worried and glad the result was so good.
DeleteGlad your results are negative!! And the glass looks just beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThanks, me too! And thanks again, I'm pleased it's turned out not too bad!
Delete