Halloween
Today I've been to the dentist. I was an hour in the chair getting two fillings, one at the top of my mouth and one at the bottom. My lips felt huge and all out of shape when I left the dentist and I was grateful that I could wear a mask to pop into the supermarket for bread on my way home! My teeth have suffered from not having 6 monthly checkups during lockdowns. I'll need to be more careful with them.
Halloween is almost upon us. It's not a time I enjoy. In part because my children always seemed to come up with a costume the night before they needed it and in part because it also means for us in the UK that Guy Fawkes is also upon us and all the idiots will be setting off their bomb like fireworks any day now and I feel for all the animals who are terrified of them. We're not as bad now as our current dog isn't too bad with them. I learned from our previous dogs terror to train him early to tolerate them, and he's ok until the bomb like ones go off, the ones that make the whole house shake - he's not so fond of them and neither are we. Fireworks in a proper display are wonderful. In Dubai they do amazing fireworks displays to music at the fountains near The Burj Khalifa, those fireworks I can live with, the ones people seem to buy here for home use are awful and seem to get bigger and more explosive every year. However my grandson still loves halloween and one of his friends had an early party this past weekend so here he is with his girlfriend. They were dressed as the couple in the film Corpse Bride but apparently he didn't make it clear how much effort he puts into his costumes. He bought all his stuff from various charity shops. The last item he got for it was the jacket. He wanted tails and we were sceptical he'd be able to get any however his perseverance paid off and he got exactly what he wanted in the Shelter charity shop in Glasgow for £10 much to his joy! I told my daughter I could have given his girlfriend some netting for a veil if they'd asked however by the time she sent this photo they had left for the party. I believe they had a great time!
Ha ha, love their outfits!!
ReplyDeleteHis girlfriend probably could have done a bit more but they had a great time!
Delete