The News is Getting Better.

 I hesistate to say it but normality has returned!  Mum is home and is slowly doing better every day.  She's complaining about how tired she feels but I've told her everyone feels tired when they come home from hospital.  I don't think she fully believes me however, I'm sure she'll feel better every day.

The funeral for my son in laws grandfather is on Wednesday and that will draw a line under that.  I know that sounds a bit harsh but its been a long drawn out death for the poor man and the whole family have suffered watching it.  I think they will all be glad to get some normality back too.

My son in law also had some very good luck this week.  He won a radio competition and got a nice amount of money!  Enough for them to go and visit his brother in Texas.  His brother and his wife had a baby during lockdown and of course no one has been able to go and visit them to meet her yet so he's going to use the money he got to take them to visit.  Unfortunately that means we'll be getting their dog to stay for a couple of weeks, however I cannot complain as they will be getting our dog for quite a few weeks when we eventually go to Australia!

I picked the last of the cooking apples off the tree this week and raked up all the leaves.   I made a couple of apple pies which didn't look great but tasted nice!  I don't do presentation very well!  I'd never make it on Bake Off!   

I'm getting my Covid booster this week along with the flu jag.  It will be good to feel so fully protected.  Not that it means I'll do anything very different.  I'm actually about to start making some more masks as I see them being a requirement for a long time yet.  Here in Scotland we are still required to wear masks at any indoor place ie shops, transport etc and can only remove them while eating in a restaurant.  I believe its much more lax in England, I wouldn't go into a place without one now.  

Fireworks night came and went with no drama for us.  Thankfully this year there have been less of them outwith the actual GuyFawkes night itself.  I think because a lot of supermarkets refused to sell them this year it was harder for teenagers to buy them also there were less of the really explody ones!  Our dog doesn't worry too much about them but my daughters dog absolutely hates them and tries to dig his way out of the house and hides in tiny spaces shivering.  It's awful to watch him.  My daughter did everything she could to calm him including trying the Classic FM channel which was apparently playing dog friendly tunes all night to calm pets however she said there were too many gaps and adverts for it to work at all.  Worried that the 6th would be as bad as it has been in the past my daughter relented and got some anxiety meds from the vet and the dog slept peacefully all evening with no worries of fireworks at all.  Guess what she's planning for New Year this year - one very sleepy dog!

Since I wrote this last night there has been one update - my neighbour has now been taken to hospital as he's not progressing as well as he should be.  His daughter is a doctor in Australia and she insisted they call in the doctor for him and the doctor agreed he needs some specialised testing done.  Fingers crossed its all very straightforward and he gets home soon. 

Comments

  1. Excellent news about your mum’s progress, I imagine you are feeling relieved, although once again you’ll no doubt be picking up the hands on support role. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum is doing ok although she's still quite frail and as you said I'm having to visit with her much more than normal but fingers crossed she gets her strength back soon and we can all get back to normal!

      Delete
  2. I just got my flu shot Monday, and will get my booster Wednesday! They swear that is ok, I don't care that much. I work in health care, so I will take it. I hope your mom continues to regain her energy, and what a lovely win for your SIL and Daughter. Hopefully your neighbour feels better once he is seen to properly. The pandemic has jeopardized so many people's health!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I met a friend in the dog park and she'd had both her jags done and said she was absolutely fine and my hubby got his last weekend and didn't even complain about his arm being sore this time! My mum is doing ok albeit quite slowly. I'm sure my neighbour will recover soon. He got his flu jag at the weekend and I thought he should probably have waited till he was a bit better than he was so I suspect it has overwhelmed his system when it was already under stress - I hope that's all it is anyway!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad mom is home safe and sound now! And while I'm sorry to hear of your SIL's father, sometimes death really does come as a relief doesn't it. It certainly did for my dad - he told us he was ready to go as he'd had enough! Still, it's sad all round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my mum's beginning to feel that way unfortunately. She's not recovering as quickly as she'd like and she's getting very down about it. She keeps telling me she's done now and if truth be told, at times she looks done. I hope she does fully recover but I'm preparing myself for her not to be quite a spritely as she was before this. It's hard and as you say, very sad. x

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to receive your comments, but please keep it clean and polite. Thankyou.

Popular posts from this blog

I Didn't Want to Just Disappear!

LIfe Goes On.

Plastered