It's Raining and It's Saturday!
I met the Art Girls yesterday for the first time in over 2 years! We've had Zoom meetings throughout lockdowns and we've had art challenges and to be honest the other girls have already met up twice in the past few months. Both times were down at the coast where one of the girls moved to last year and I didn't feel ready to make the journey by public transport. The first time they went I'd planned to go but I got myself in a right old froth before it and pulled out the day before. The second time was just before Christmas and I really didn't fancy it so I pulled out long before the trip took place. The meeting yesterday was in the city in a fairly busy restaurant. To begin with I felt quite uneasy but we had such fun I soon relaxed and enjoyed it. However a strange thing happened later! At the restaurant one of the girls warned us that a fraudulent text is being sent out telling you you've been in contact with a positive covid person and to click on the link to order a pcr test. Fortunately my friends son was nearby when she got it and he said thats not right. If you get traced by NHS they tell you to log into their website first, I think this is a scam. She checked and it was indeed a scam. So what do you think but I had no sooner arrived home from one of my first outings in two years and I got a text telling me I'd been in contact .......! Thank goodness my friend had told us about it or I'd have gone into freefall worrying!! I checked on the NHS website and you do indeed have to log into their website and you don't have to pay for the pcr kit which I'm assuming the scam text people want you to do! What scum sort of people would do this kind of thing?
Today I've been trying to get on top of some cleaning in the house. Everything is covered in about 2 inches of dust from the plastering and then the sanding of doors etc before they get painted. Hubby is painting the ceiling just now so I'm keeping out of his way. We'll probably do the walls later so I do the edges while he uses the roller on the rest. I'm ready for this to be finished now! And yes it is raining and it is Saturday! Have a great weekend. x
Wow, it's a good thing you were with your friend when that message came through! Even though I consider myself quite savvy, there have been text messages and emails that have made me think twice - although not the ones where Mrs. Anita Banja from Ouagadougou wanted to put $10 million into my bank account, thankfully!
ReplyDeleteSome of the scam texts are quite sophisticated these days. I'm only glad my mum doesn't use text, she'd fall for them every time! To be honest I might have fallen for this one had it not been for the fact I'd been told about the scam. It looked pretty legit. Lol, if only Mrs Banja really had $10 million to put in our bank accounts eh?!!
DeleteYes, my husband received one of those texts a couple of days ago. With my own genuine hounding from Test&Trace last week, we deliberated carefully before deciding it was a scam
ReplyDeleteIt's very legit looking and worrying that many will fall for it. I didn't even open it properly so I'm sure once you click on the link you'll be required to either give bank details or send payment for a pcr test! It's dreadful.
DeleteThe scammers get quicker with their updated scams. Unfortunately they know someone will fall for it :( Glad you got out to see friends! Over here the PCR is not easily available anymore so this scam might well work.
ReplyDeleteThe scam thing has really got me riled as many people are suffering with anxiety over covid and they don't need the extra worry of this on top. Plus I assume if you click the link you will pay over the odds for the test and no test will be forthcoming! It's disgusting. Yes it was nice to get out and get some normality again. x
DeleteHope the decorating is all done and dusted, and everything is put back again now!
ReplyDeleteIt seems there's always a lowlife ready to con people, exploiting any scenario possible.
Sorry Scarlet I've not been checking my blog lately so I didn't get round to publishing your comment. Our decorating is not done and dusted unfortunately. Hubby had to sand the doors again as the paint he used for them was horrible and they looked like they had been undercoated rather than top coated. He's got better paint now and hopefully will finish the doors today then it will be done and dusted! x
Delete