Line Them Up
One of my biggest failings in blogging is getting photographs lined up for the blog. I do my blog on my laptop. I was a typist a long time ago so I like a proper keyboard. I hate 'typing' on my phone. I can now download my photos to the laptop so it's not that I can't take appropriate photos to use. The main problem is that when I'm upstairs using the laptop my phone is usually downstairs lying on the table and I'm too lazy to go and get it. Or the photo I know would be perfect is either a 'proper' photograph so would need to be scanned (downstairs), or it's saved in hubbys computer which would require me to again go downstairs, open up his computer and then find the photograph in the many many millions of photos he has on his computer! Don't get me wrong, he has them labelled by date and occasion, but there are still millions to go through, particularly if you can't remember the date or occasion! Then, of course, there's also the problem that sometimes I haven't a clue what would in fact be an ideal photograph for the particular blog post I'm doing. I'm not good at styling photographs. Some bloggers are great at setting up photographs specifically for their post. I keep hearing the phrase Istagramable photos. I have no idea what that means but I suspect the inferrence is that everything on Instagram is to show how perfect your life and world is so it must be perfect? Don't get me wrong, I like Instagram and I have about 5 photos of my own on it (mostly of my dog!) but I don't subscribe to the perfect photo thing that goes on there.
I did, though, line up this photo for this post! It's a picture of the photos on the door of a little cupboard that faces my desk in my craft room. I can look up from typing on my computer and this is what I see. They are all random photos that I found for one reason and another not in the correct place! I have most of my 'real' photos organised in boxes in date order but sometimes people ask for one or I get one or two out for a reason and they don't always go straight back and lie about and I started sticking those ones to my door and it's pretty full now! I like it though. It cheers me to look at them.
Organised I may be (to a certain extent) however my brother called tonight to ask for some specific photos he thinks I might have from our childhood and can I find them? I'll look again tomorrow. This might be a case of not being able to see the wood for the trees!!
I don't even want to think about how many photos I need to sort. Uughh where to begin. But is that ballet dancer you?
ReplyDeletePhotos are a nightmare to sort through, I have no idea what possessed me to do it but I'm now glad I did! No, the ballet dancer is my mum. She was a professional dancer before she married my dad. This is the only photo of her in her ballet dress. Isn't it lovely. I hope you've managed to visit your gorgeous new grandson by now. x
DeleteYou only know a system works when it fails through human error, or something like that.
ReplyDeleteI have no idea what that means but I'll take your word for it lol. x
Delete